SikhiToTheMax Version 2 Released

I’m sure most of you have been to a Gurdwara while Kirtan is being sung, and seen the Gurbani with a translation projected onto a screen. Isn’t this cool?? This is has changed the way that Gurdwaras in this modern age bring a deeper understanding of Gurbani to the sangat. In our Gurdwaras since the old days in the 70’s we didn’t have this and relied on hundreds and hundreds of shabad sheets which were put together, copied and then organized in file cabinets. They would then be handed out in the Gurdwara so that we could sing along with the Shabad and understand the meaning.

We have come a long way since then in the world! With the digitalization of Gurbani and various translations becoming available, the options for viewing and searching through Gurbani are limitless. What we can do and how we can view Gurbani is really only limited by our creativity and imagination…and taking the time to create something new.

One group of sevadhars has taken on this challenge, spending lots of time to create some awesome services; making Gurbani accessible in so many different ways. They started with the SikhiToTheMax.com website which allows you to easily search for Gurbani Shabads with any computer connected to the internet and a basic web browser. They then released a software desktop version of SikhiToTheMax which allowed you to search and display Gurbani line by line in Gurdwaras. After that a PDA version was created so you could do Gurbani searches on the go…anywhere. I know of a few Ragis who use this cool tool.

It’s been a few years since the release of the initial SikhiToTheMax desktop software, and the Sevadhars have been back on the job working hard to create a new version with even more features and functionality for the Sangat. The new version has been officially released and is available for you all to download.

The new version is packed with lots of new features and a whole new user interface. Here are a few of the new features:

• Interface has been changed to look like office 2007
  • Bhai Gurdas Jee’s Varan are now complete and corrected.
  • There is Compiled Bani option which includes Nitnem Banis and Sri Dasam Granth Banis
  • There is a Sri Dasam Granth Bani section, which includes fixes of the mistakes on online versions
  • Amrit Kirtan section has been updated
  • You can use your own Powerpoint slide
  • A Bisraam option has been added, so you know how to pause when reading Gurbani
  • Akhand Paath option has been enhanced
  • Hukamnamma option has been added and also Punjabi translations added
  • Tagging has been added
  • Creating PDF’s option is added
  • If you want to read the Bani joined up as it was originally written, you can have that option
  • When you view the Shabad you have the option to split view
  • You can save your searches
  • Several viewing options
  • Help section in English, Punjabi and PDF files to help in all areas of STTM 2
  • You can change the font size of everything in the Akhand paath mode and also other views.
  • Video tutorials and help options to show you how to use the program.

Watch the video tutorial – This will give you an overview of the new features and how to use the new version.More info also available here

Important! There are certain requirement for the program to run on your windows computer. Read the details before installing.

Download SikhiToTheMax – Version 2

Don’t have windows or want to try a different program? Check out Sikher

123 Responses to “SikhiToTheMax Version 2 Released”

1. Par Singh says:

I have Vista Ultimate w-SP1. I downloaded and installed Microsoft Net 3.5 SP1first. I was successful in installing STTMII and also was able to install 1.74 MB patch. It worked fine for the first time. But now I get an error message. I think I forgot to give the Vista Permission. I have read the instructions many a times, and am not able to get the #1-‘Open File Explorer.’ Could you please guide me to this step. Thanking you sincerely. Guru Fateh. -par singh

2. Par Singh says:

Further to my request above, I have a Google-Microsoft Internet Explorer, which does not have file option. I have raked my brains and have found out that I am NOT one least ‘intuitive’ person person. I am grateful to the builders of STTM II. They have done a great service to the world. Guru Fateh. -par singh

3. Par Singh says:

Dear SikhNet, I am getting this error message as above by Sukhpreet Singh K. Please tell me how to get the new update from Sikhi To The Max to correct this issue. Thanking you.

‘Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will close immediately…..Could not open a connection. You do not have the relevent file permissions.’

Guru Fateh. -par singh

4. Gurpreet Singh says:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
    I was trying to download sttm2 for pda with windows 6.0 version but was unable to open the links provided. Is it temporarily unvaiable due to any updates being done or i m the only one who having a problem in downloading sttm2 for pda
    please reply
    thanks

5. Gurpreet Singh says:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
    can someone explain me how to overcome above stated problem please
    i ill be very thankful.

6. Harjinder Singh says:

Sttm2 is not a PDA software but only for your pc or laptop which has either Windows XP or Vista and the required .net files.

If you want STTM for you PDA then you will need to search Sikhnet and follow installation guide. STTM for PDA’s does work on Mobile Windows as I have it one Windows 6.1 and it works fine.

7. Kulpreet Singh says:

Harjinder Singh ji…WJKK WJKF…Kindly send me the link to download STTM for PDA for windows 6.1 at [email protected]

8. GuruRas Kaur says:

SSA!

I’m helping my Gurdwara use STTM to display shabds during services.  I would like to show the text for Chopay Sahib and Anand Sahib as well.  And I’d like to use the Akand Path view mode.

Is there anyway to alter the languages that shows in this view?  I’d like to disply the Gurmukhi, the English translation, as well as the transliteration.

Also, does anyone else out there export shabds into .ppt and create a library outside of STTM?  I’m happy to share what we’ve generated if this is of use.  I don’t trust my Gurmukhi reading skills so it’s better that I navigate in PowerPoint…  Am I alone?

Thanks ahead of time,
    GuruRas

9. For those of you who are on Apple Mac computers or other operating system you can use the new “Search Gurbani Desktop” program. This is a cross platform program that works on most operating systems.

Download it at: http://www.sikher.com/download/

More details at: http://www.sikher.com/2008/11/22/search-gurbani-desktop-version-125-released-replacing-sikher-10/

10. Bhupinderpal Singh says:

SSA
    I’m going to buy a PDA. Will you please recomned which one would be the best one for searching Gurbani. And how much memory it requires?
    Thanks

11. Kulpreet Singh says:

Download Sikhi to the MAX for PDA at http://www.sikhnet.com/pages/pda-sikhitothemax

It will take around 35-50 MB

Regards

12. Manjeev Singh says:

How about Tejasav, Tanveer, Tejas, Tarnjeet. Good luck. Whats in name would not rose……….

13. kuukarraamko says:

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji k i fateh singhon plzzzz help me

after installation when i clicked on desktop shortcut it shows “the application failed to intialize properly(0×0000135).click on ok to terminate the pplication”.  plz help me to open it

14. Ajinder Singh says:

vahegurujeekakhalsa vahegurujeekeefateh!!!

i wanted to know if there stm work for the blackberry storm it also has power point and word or will they make one thanks =)

15. Raminder singh says:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.
    Thanks for this wonderful (what should i say to this software respectfully,i don,t know)
    But thanks .If the version is available for windows mobile?

16. Manjot Singh Braich says:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

17. HarjitSinghKhalsa says:

WGJKK
    WGJKF
    I have a problem using “SikhToTheMax” on windows vista. I installed all the required .net framework, changed permission on “Sikhitothemax” folder. The problem is when I try to open powerpoint display of the shabad. The powerpoint locks up and CPU runs 100% and when I close power point then it gives me an exception “Cannot create ActiveX object”,  installed v1.1 .net framework. Ran the installation again but again powerpoint locks up and after closeing it get exception about “Remote procedure call”.
    I am so frustrated but can’t wait to see the app running on my vista laptop. Please help as I sent emails to sikhitothemax.com provided email address but I guess all the sewadars aren’t available. Please guide me to solve this issue.
    HarjitSingh
    WGJKK
    WGJKF

18. jagjeet singh says:

W G J K K

W G J K P

IT.s gr8 job god bless u

but i have some problam please do one thing

please correct the mistake in nitname

it,s realy need full

please check sorry for that

guru rakha

19. sarabjeet kaur says:

Your Comment…
    sat sri akal veer ji
    i downloaded sikhitothemax II .It worked smoothly for 3-4 days then after that wenever i try to open it debugs window open showing this message – an exception’System.IO.FileNotFoundException’ has occured in STTM.exe
    i tried to debug it but of no use.
    i also unistall sikhitothemax II and again install it but of no use.
    plz help
    my email- [email protected]

20. Jagjit Singh Khalsa says:

Your Comment…Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. Veer Ji Iwant Sikhi TO The Max On My Mobile (HTC Touch HD) Windows 6.1 Please Help Me To Install Gurbani Fonts & STTM On Mobile. Gur Fateh ji.  ([email protected])

21. manni singh says:

Your Comment…guru fateh ji . i have bani translation tool in my mobile
    [ htc model no 4550} but bhai gurdas ji di var is not added in this software . so please  send me any other software in which i can get bhai gurdas ji di var and i want guru granth sahibh  ji translation in punjabi  guru fateh ji  thanks

22. balraj says:

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru  fateh

23. jasmeet singh says:

wjkkwjkf i have o2 xpda mini widows mobile 6.1 pls snd me the link of sikhi to the max .thanks wjkkwjkf

24. jasmeet singh says:

wjkkwjkf Any body help me TELL ME THE LINK OF STTM FOR MY O2 XPDA MINI WINDOWS 6.1 OR MAIL ME TELL ME URGENT PLZ.

25. simran says:

Wjkk wjkf. I need help in installing. Sttm or a gurbani search software on my. G1 google phone that is also an htc. Any suggestions?

26. waheguru ji khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
    i am india from ludhiana i want sikhi to max on mobile n73 nokia plzguide on mail or cell my cell 9814502782 number

27. Sukhbir kaur says:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
    Waheguru ji ki fateh.
    I have Nokia 5130 handset. Please guide me that how can i get STTM on my mobile and how much space will it require.
    please reply!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Avtar Singh says:

wahe guru ji ka khalsa , wahe guru ji ki fateh . raj karega khalsa my cell 9463491337

29. Dalveer Singh says:

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
    veer ji mainu amrit kirtan chahida nokia N70 mobile layi
    kirpa karke dasoge mainu ede bare
    m waiting….

30. Varinder singh says:

satsriakal ji… veer ji mere lappy wich Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji haiga hai…. But mainu Nokia n73 layi Guru Granth sahib ji chahida hai…Baaki Nitnem,Sukhmani Sahib ji,Lawaan celfone da Adode open kar dinda hai par Guru Granth Sahib ji Full File open nahi karda…. ki tusi dass sakde ho k nokia N73 Guru Granth Sahin ji kithon milega….
    Dhanwaad ji tuhada

31. Sohrabjit Singh says:

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA _/\_ WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I’LL PUT IT SHORT

EAST OR WEST “SikhiToTheMax V- 2” IS THE BESTTTTTTT

both my lappy as well as my PDA r in full sprits

keep rocking gr8 job guys WAHEGURU JIS FULL KIRPA ON U GUYS !!!!!

32. Sohrabjit Singh says:

LOL

THOUGH THE VER-2 IS NOT A PDA VERSION .BUT STILL THE VER-1 WORKS FINE

“BEGGERS ARENT CHOOSERS”

33. satwinder singh says:

wjkk wjkf
    pyare khalsa ji
    pls send me the site to download sri guru granth sahib ji in word document for mobile phone or any sikhi software for mobile n73

34. paramjit singh says:

Waheguru jee

how i can download on PALM PRE

35. DALJEET SINGH says:

SIR I HAVE PURCHASED NEW LAPTOP WITH WINDOW 7 PLS HELP ME IN INSTALLING STTM2 IN IT AS I AM UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD IT PLS HELP HELP

36. Jagtar Singh says:

WOW! Amazing program, simply phenominal. Great job! Thanks you for the program.

37. jatinder singh says:

vir ji wheguru ji bless u

38. Jaspreet singh says:

waheguru ji ka khalsa
    waheguru ji ki fateh
    its really fantastic guru pyaro chardi kala

39. Ishvinder says:

vahegurujiakahalsa vahegurujikifatehji Help me in installing bani transition tool for my HTC touch mail me [email protected] or call me at 9815614259 , i am at Anandpur Sahib

40. sarabjeet singh says:

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
    veerji i m using windows 7 & in dat sikhi max is not working
    how can i install and work on it

41. Gurpreet Singh says:

Is it not possible to use STTM or STTM2 on apple Mac? In that case please suggest any other gurbani search engines.

42. Manpreet singh gill singh says:

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa ,
    Wahe guru ji ki fateh

you done a great job , you are giving information about sikhi & sikh faith to us & whole world.
    god bless you .

43. anoop says:

ive tried running sikhitothemax 2 on windows 7 on many different computers and it just wont. what am i doing wrong. have u come across the same problem. please email me any solution to [email protected]

44. Simran says:

I am unable to download this software on my computer. I keep on getting an error “This file contains invalid data”. Please tell me how I can fix that. Thanks

45. mrsikhnet says:

Arvinder Singh, you can download GurbaniAnywhere for Windows mobile at: http://www.gurbanianywhere.com (the website is not working right now so try a bit later if it doesn't work for you)

46. ARVINDER SINGH says:

veer g,
    VGKK VJKF.I HAVE SUMSUNG B7320 6.1 MOBILE.IS STTM USE IN THIS MOBILE.PLEASE REPLY.
    I SHALL BE VERY YHANKFULL TO YOU PLEASE.

47. Kulwinder Singh says:

WJJK! WJJF!
    I'm having some problems with running sikhitothemax 2 on windows 7. I was working perfectly on windows vista, but after the upgrade it just shows up with a JIT debugging error. Could someone please help. I've installed Microsoft Net Fireworks 3.5 and still has the same problem. What should I Do?!
    WJJK! WKKF!

48. Mandeep Singh says:

Veerji Please do something for the Mac Platform

49. Kanwaljit Singh says:

WKKK, WJKF!, Does anyone know or have installed Sikhitothemax version 2 on WIndows 7?
    Does it work fine? I am tempted to load but not sure if i might run into any issues…

• Kulpreet Singh says:

WJKK, WJKF !
      No issues….go on install it….but just give full acess to the STTM folder by going to properties.