Tips for Effective Communication

In this video Guruka Singh answers a question about how we can communicate better and more effectively.

Download Video

7 Responses to “Tips for Effective Communication”

1. Leah says:

Interesting video. I also think it’s important to think about cross-cultural communication, as even in non-verbal areas cultures differ and intent can be unclear. For example the symbol for OK in the U.S. is something rather obscene in Mexico. The thumbs up gesture in Iraq is analogous to the middle finger in the U.S. (so you can imagine what it would be like if U.S. soldiers gave people the thumbs up).

Also, people have very different ideas about what touch is appropriate, India is very different on that than the U.S. Anglo-Saxon culture is different on it than Mediterranean cultures and so on.

I think that the key to communication is awareness of all the factors going into it, which I think is part of Guruka’s point.

2. Dalvinder Kaur says:

I have heard the video of Guruka Singhji on the topic of effective communication .As we all know effective communication is also essential ingredient in a marriage .I was wondering if Guruka Singhji could comment on divorces which are increasing at a dangerous rate.What surprises me is that where two individuals are educated and professionals but yet could not have an effective communication among themselves .Of course communication could only be one the many reasons that leads to marriage failures .Where husband and wife could not get along together , could not communicate and are not happy living together , what they should do ?I know in Sikhism , divorce is not allowed but what can the couple do.It takes both parties to work on a marriage .

Thanking you in advance.

Dalvinder Kaur

3. Pardip Kaur says:

Oh Guruka Singh Ji,once again you’ve proved how wise and cute you are. Every time I listen and watch your videos, they just seem to have a connection with me. They always touch my heart. Thank you for sharing this video on such a lovely topic.
    P.S: Thank you Gurumustuk Singh Ji, you make such lovely videos and you DO ask the right questions!
    May Guru’s blessing be with you all, all the time!!!:-D

4. Premjeet Kaur says:

Well listenign to Guruka is enlightening and i was just reading Dalvinder’s question on the rate of divorces and when all communication seems hopeless. As Guruka said , everyone talks too much and no one listens and in most couples , they seem to be too busy trying to make their point that no one wants to listen. And as Guruka said once again , always clock into the other persons frequency which i believe a lot of couples fail to do. I call professionals who dont sit and listen educated fools.Listening does not require any form of reference . It is something which is required , perhaps thats why God created ears.

And Leah i get what you are trying to say . Understanding the frequency is important .

5. Mandeep K Grewal says:

This video is wonderful. I understand that you talk about different frequencies in which they talk. And be with them in the same frequency in order to understand them. It would be nice if you could give some examples on how to tune with them. Thank you for this educational video and I believe it is happily many people to communicate better in life and understand the true meaning of effective communication.
    Thanks
    Mandeep

6. Mandeep K Grewal says:

This video is wonderful. I understand that you talk about different frequencies in which they talk. And be with them in the same frequency in order to understand them. It would be nice if you could give some examples on how to tune with them. Thank you for this educational video and I believe it is helping many people to communicate better in life and understand the true meaning of effective communication.
    Thanks
    Mandeep

7. NAMANDEEP SINGH says:

SATSHRIAKAL.
    TO ALL OF U,

I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A SIKH BOY & I WANT TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR OUR SIKHISM. IT IS GR8 THAT WE ALL ARE GURU KE SIKH,

SO FRIENDS BE A GOOD SIKH,