Inspiring and Informative Lecture on Being a Sikh

Here is yet another very inspiring lecture that we heard today in Gurdwara by SSS Harbhajan Singh Khalsa. It really hit home for me in many ways and he touched upon so many great topics and areas. If you don’t normally listen to the lectures then definitely don’t miss this one. This lecture is from June 25th 1989 in Espanola, New Mexico. (Listen to it below…)

Download

10 Responses to “Inspiring and Informative Lecture on Being a Sikh”

1. kaur says:

am blessed!!!!!!!!!

2. Very uplifting! Thanks for sharing.

3. Manjit Singh says:

Wow! I don’t know what to say and thank you for sharing. He looks so majestic with a flowing beard and soldier’s uniform. I haven’t downloaded the lecture yet, and may be the answer is in there, but just curious as to when was the picture taken, where and what does it signify? It looks like it was taken long after Singh Sahib’s army days (because of partially graying beard).

4. Manjit Singh, during the summer we used to have a “Survival Camp” which everyone would learn all kinds of things related to self defense, physical fitness, out door skills, etc. He used to come to the “camp” during that time with the army style clothes and do different things with us. I think this pictures was from the early 90’s.

5. angad says:

SSA
    i have heard abt yogi bhajan mentioning how to comb hair. But i still dont understand how to comb hair.Can you help me out,And what are the benefits for combing in that pattern

6. Angad… he was saying that first comb your hair forward with your head down….then standing upright comb your hair back towards your back. Do this with a wooden comb and I think he said to alternate this forward and backwards a few times before re-tying your turban.

7. baghel says:

Does anybody have the shabad “Jai Jai Jag Karan Srisht Ubharan as was recited here. I have the shabad, but rendition is truly uplifting. I would be grateful to anyone who is willing to point out the ragi jatha who sang this composition, so that I can obtain it.

8. angad says:

what is the page no for this shabad “Jai Jai Jag Karan Srisht Ubharan

9. Gurjeet Singh says:

Dear Angad Singh Ji, the shabad is TriBhangee Chhand (Bichhatar Natak) Bir Ras. The shabad can also be read in Amrit Kirtan on page no 299