Stirring the Amrit

The Panj Piaray Stirring the Amrit while reciting the 5 banis

104 Responses to “Stirring the Amrit”

1. AmritWorld says:

So, they are not having three feet long Sri Sahibs. Bibi Ji is reciting Bani from a Gutka. May I use this picture somewhere in my articles?

2. Amrit World if you look BabaJi to the left of her is strirring the Nectar she is merely holding the Gutka open for him. He might have it memorized but in these cases you cant mix up or skip one line for this is more important than your daily nitnem because its for other peoples blessing.

I see your point but she isnt reciting. And I think { I could be wrong} but that looks like Snatam Kaur Ji either that or she looks just like her.

3. Deva Kaur (Orlando) says:

All of these Amrit pictures are outstanding!

I can almost feel the high and holy vibration that must have been present by looking at them!

4. HARPAL SINGH says:

I don’t see any wrong if reading it from a Gukta, what happens if while recting from memory and you forget half way. It is said it should pronunce perfectly and correctly word by word. Normally the Kirpans are keep in front of Guru Granth Sahib ji.

5. guru da singh says:

wjkk

wjkf,

I didn't know akal takht announced that women can be one of the panj pyarey's?? With a women as panj pyarey its not a amrit sanchaar.

6. AmritWorld says:

Dear Harpal Singh Ji, there is a particular ‘Maryada’ of ‘Amrit Sanchar’, which should be followed. I have attended several ‘Amrit Sanchars’, but never saw anyone in ‘Panj Pyaras’ reciting Bani from a ‘Gutka’.

The ‘Sikh Rahat Maryada’ clearly says, “Each of the five beloved ones who recites the scripture should hold the edge of the bowl with his left hand and keep stirring the water with a double-edged sword held in his right hand. He should do that with full concentration. The rest of the beloved ones should keep gripping the edge of the bowl with both hands concentrating their full attention on the ambrosial nectar.”

In case of this picture, this ‘Maryada’ was not followed. (1) Bibi Ji is looking at ‘Gutka’, and not at ambrosial nectar. (2) Bibi Ji should have ‘gripped’ the edge of the bowl with both hands, like other three beloved ones were doing. (3) The beloved one, who stirs the Amrit, recites the Bani. Others keep gripping ‘Baata’. In this case, someone else is stirring the Amrit and Bibi Ji is holding a ‘Gutka’. If she was not reciting, she should have kept her eyes on Amrit and both of her hands on ‘Baata’. There is a particular ‘Vidhi’ to hold ‘Baata’. If she was reciting, the ‘Khanda’ should have been in her hands.

It does not matter if any of my brothers/sisters think it right or wrong. There is a particular ‘Maryada’, which should be followed at any cost.

7. Palvinder says:

wjkk wjkf seriusly the panj pyarey should rememorise the bani by heart so that the effect of the gurbani has on the amrit and the amrit is very powerfull i myself have never seen this wear punj hold gutka in hands..very unadviseable thing to do..maybe mrsikhnet can advice them that the punj pyarey should be tyar betyar? wjkk wjkf

8. Himmat Singh Khalsa says:

Giani Amrit World Singh Ji:

Thanks Veer Ji

9. singh amrit says:

how does she change the page on the gutkha????

10. singh amrit says:

n i fout evrything that happens in Amrit sanchaar, is ment to be gupt, n in isolation! let alone people taking pictures and putting them online, when taking amrit organised by taksali or Akhand Kirtanee Jatha, all the windows and doors are locked and covered up, so no 1 can see in or out!

11. AmritWorld: All comments right now are held for moderation before they display. I enable this when there are "hot topics" like this to prevent things from getting out of control.

Please let's not get carried away debating about these things and quoting each line with responses. It can go back and forth like this forever. My humble suggestion is to refrain from "defensive" responses…unless you feel the point is really important. Otherwise people see this long string of back and forth comments by a couple people and don't get involved and share their thoughts (or even read them because there are too many). It would be good to hear from more people on these topics.

12. 1} I see that you dont like it that they recite from a Gutka.
    2} BabaJi is holding the Bata with his left hand while stirring with his right.
    3} BibiJi is still holding the Bata=Bowl while also holding the Gutka.
    4} They for sure have full concentration on the Amrit.
    Next is Elite ism were only certain people can be Panj Pyare due to memorization when it has to do with being a true Sikh and not a memorized Sikh. Ive heard at JapJi recites at the Gurdwara were they forgot ” Vaaria NA jaavaa ek vaar.” forgetting NA isnt enough to black flag the Bani or the reciter but that why I say to read while reciting because its perfect when read at full attention. Ive also heard during Sukhmani Sahib were BabaJi accidently forgot or skipped a line. Thats why when you read dont recite from memory or youll miss a line or a sound. To be perfect from memory is very hard and I dont think anyone is perfect everytime so out of a million times your bound to mess up at least once and that one time might be picked up be someone that noticed a flaw. I will read and recite for years and years due to this fact. Another question………………What happens if you accidently miss “Rahao” ? Ive seen it happen. Or why dont we actually “Pause” and contemplate the Shabad for at least 5 seconds? Thats what rahao means and thats why it is there. { not just to say it }

So you should try not to hold up the Balck Flag all the time.

13. Singh says:

Amrit Jee, is correct. The Panj are to have all the banee memorized and shudh, there gaze has to be on the “Amrit” not the gutkaa. The 5 pairs of eyes represent the ten Guru’s Gaze and similarly the 5 pairs of hands represent the ten Guru hands. They are also wearing jewellerly, like rings this is not correct, SPPC – has banned it in the maryada. The Sikhs jewellery is only the Kakars.

Have they even used patashaa’s?

This doesn’t seem to be in accordance with the Sikh maryada. I would urge Gurmustuk Singh to let them know this or to get proper training from the Singhs nearby who do the sevaa properly.

We are not trying to put them down because they are not of punjabi origan. It is simply a matter of proper marayada that needs to be followed.

Pictures are also not allowed to be taken.

14. AmritWorld says:

I cannot see tags used in my previous post. So, I am making this post. Please delete my previous post. There is nothing change in my reply. Regards.
    ——

Amazing post, brother Pritam Singh Ji, really amazing post!

You wrote, “1} I see that you dont like it that they recite from a Gutka.”

It does not matter what I like or dislike. The point is if reciting from a ‘Gutka’ during the ‘Amrit Sanchaar’ is as per the Maryada or not. I say it is not.

You wrote,”2} BabaJi is holding the Bata with his left hand while stirring with his right.”

When did I say he is not?

You wrote, “3} BibiJi is still holding the Bata=Bowl while also holding the Gutka.”

There is a particular ‘Vidhi’ to hold the ‘Bata’. Bibi Ji is not doing so.

You wrote, “4} They for sure have full concentration on the Amrit.”

According to the ‘Vidhi’ of Amrit Sanchaar, the five beloved are supposted to SEE direct into the Amrit. Bibi Ji is looking at the ‘Gutka’. Dear brother, the five beloved ones do NOT keep their eyes closed during this activity. Please see if their eyes are open in this pictures.

You wrote, “The correct recitation is the most important part but I can see what your problem is.”

Okay….

You wrote, “Next is Elite ism were only certain people can be Panj Pyare due to memorization when it has to do with being a true Sikh and not a memorized Sikh. Ive heard at JapJi recites at the Gurdwara were they forgot â€? Vaaria NA jaavaa ek vaar.â€? forgetting NA isnt enough to black flag the Bani or the reciter but that why I say to read while reciting because its perfect when read at full attention. Ive also heard during Sukhmani Sahib were BabaJi accidently forgot or skipped a line. Thats why when you read dont recite from memory or youll miss a line or a sound. To be perfect from memory is very hard and I dont think anyone is perfect everytime so out of a million times your bound to mess up at least once and that one time might be picked up be someone that noticed a flaw. I will read and recite for years and years due to this fact.”

You wrote, “Another question………………What happens if you accidently miss “Rahaoâ€? ? Ive seen it happen.”

I think you should stick to the point, brother. Okay, if ‘I’ accidently miss ‘Rahaao’, I will repeat the line again. What is the problem?

I once recited ‘Mahalla Paihla’, though it was ‘Mahalla Panjvaan’. I repeated the title again and recited ‘Mahalla Panjvaan’. What is wrong in that?

You wrote, “Or why dont we actually “Pauseâ€? and contemplate the Shabad for at least 5 seconds? Thats what rahao means and thats why it is there. { not just to say it }”

Tell us why you do not.

If you are supposed to ‘pause’, you should. It does not matter if you are reciting from a ‘Gutka’ or not. Please stick to the point.

You wrote, “So you should try not to hold up the Balck Flag all the time.?

All the time? I have posted for the first time on this blog, dear. Anyway, whenever we see any fault in application of Maryada, we should raise our voice.

Well, I hold up only ‘kesri’ flag.

It is matter related to ‘Sikh Maryada’. Neither you, nor I have the right to make new ‘maryada’. If something is wrong according to the ‘Maryada’, we have to say it wrong. If any confusion, one can contact Sri Akal Takht Sahib Ji on any point of Sikh Maryada. So far as people like me are concerned, we will say what the ‘Maryada’ says. It does not matter if a few people like it or not.

Regards.

15. Sarabjit Singh says:

WJKK WJKF!

AmritWorld veerji – point well taken… But let us look at the many positives here instead of highlighting the few negatives…

I remember during my Amrit Sanchaar, one of the Panj Pyaare kept forgetting lines (3-4 times) from the Jaap Saheb and the bhai saheb sitting at the taba (who had a gutka) or the other Panj Pyaare would then have to speak up and help him forward… In that case, that didn’t just disturb his concentration but disturbed everyone else’s concentration too (even ours!!)…

So if “gripping the edge of the bowl with both hands concentrating their full attention on the ambrosial nectar” is the aim, and we have to choose between the two evils – isn’t going for the gutka much better ’cause it least it allows most people around to maintain their concentration most of the time??

Besides, if you look at the picture carefully, the bhenji with the gutka might as well have had both her hands on the bata and holding the gutka using her thumb or one of her fingers – no doubt she has to use one of her hands to turn the pages :) but then look at it this way – she’s allowing the veerji to continue the recital smoothly…

Bhul chuk maaf!!

16. AmritWorld says:

Dear brother Sarabjit Singh Ji,

I have taken part in many-many Amrit Sanchaars. I know what problems five beloved ones may face.

We should not forget that there are five beloved ones, who must have memorised the five Banis. If any of them forgets any line, other four Singhs can REPEAT the same line and dear brother, repeating the same line is not a mistake or any problem. It is very common. Even those who recite from a Gutka or Sri Guru Granth Sahib, repeat lines which they recite incorrectly. If someone is reading from a ‘Gutka’, it does not mean he/she will not recite incorrectly. To err is human.

There is no problem if ‘Granthi Singh Ji’ holds a ‘Gutka’ in his hand. He can repeat the correct line, if needed.

There is a particular ‘Vidhi’ to hold the ‘Baata’. This part of Maryada is not open to discussion, so it is not mentioned in Sikh Rahat Maryada. My sister in five beloved ones is not following the Maryada. This is my point.

17. Himmat Singh Khalsa says:

This is great input and knowledge that you are all providing. Now, hopefully, the Eugene sangat members will read this and there next Amrit Sanchaar will be ten times better! Remember, this was their first Amrit Sanchaar there, so I think they did pretty good. And if the people partaking in the Amrit aren’t unhappy with the flaws, then I think the Panj Piare and people conducting the ceremony did their job.

The points have been made. Now if there aren’t any new problems you see and want to teach the Eugenians about I think we can leave this post alone so that Guru Mustuk can get some work done at Sikhnet.

And if you still have the urge to share more knowledge, please, you are all welcome to do so on my blog. I haven’t posted anything for a while, but, there is a post that apparently was pretty controversial. So jsut read the 100+ comments and then add your input.

Thanks everyone. Have a good day Guru Mustuk thanks for the posts today. And BTW I like the new blog layout.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

18. Manjit Singh says:

Gurumustuk, Thank you for sharing! It is inspiring to those of us that have been blessed with Guru’s Amrit. About Women Panj Piyare, I think I have seen a few Vaisakhi pictures a while back in the news, I think they from a gurdwara in Washington state and Canada somewhere but I could be wrong, where women were part of panj piaray.

19. Before you post a comment. Stop and take a minute before reacting to comments. Ask yourself what purpose will your comment provide. Does it serve to educate and uplift others, or are you just reacting and arguing? Let us keep these comments civil and positive and not get into arguments. It’s easy to read something and just fire off a reply which becomes a fight. We may not all agree with eachother but let’s keep things civil and productive. You must post valid name and contact information. If you are going to write a comment then at least have the courage to show who you are, rather than hiding behind ‘Anonymous’ and entering in fake info. Comments that fall outside of this will not be approved.

I posted these pictures, thoughts and words with the hope to inspire and share with others the beauty of taking Amrit. I feel that these days many people make ‘taking Amrit’ and ‘being amritdhari’ into a big thing about ‘rules and regulations’ rather than being a spiritual and disciplined person. I think many people are intimidated to take Amrit because of this. People don’t want to do it because ‘I might not follow the rules’ or ‘people will judge me’.

I feel that many of our practices/Marayadas in Sikhi are not hardfast rules. It’s not like if you don’t do one of them that you are going to hell. To me they are guidelines to help us all stay on track and give direction for people. I have said this too many times already on my blog, but we have to stop all this critical judgement of others. One persons way is not the only or ‘the right’ way. Make an effort to see the good that people are trying to do and stop picking at what you think is wrong. This type of thing will be the downfall of Sikhi and is what I feel is pusing people away from Sikhi. Who wants to be a part of a religion where on all sides people judge you, tell you what you are doing wrong, criticize you, etc. Why not the loving embrace and acceptance to all. Where is the Spirit of Guru Nanak who said ‘I am not hindu or muslim’ and who preached about openness and acceptance of all?

So with these words I hope you all will think a bit about all this and use this as a learning experience so that we can further uplift and share the beauty of Amrit with all.

20. Amrit World: You have really good points. {Now if strongly think GranthiJi should hold the Gutka and correct anything needed}

When I took Amrit the Panjis did it smoothly from the mind.

I see what you mean about holding the bata. I remember everything vividly.

It is matter related to ‘Sikh Maryada’ True where does it say you cant read. And I guess I am stretching the “full concentration part”, so Ill really concentrate allday upon this.

And Himmat Singh you do need to update your blog. I check all the time and was wondering where you went.

I think its good to put what you think because you never know you might be proved right or you might need to change you mind.

SatNam

21. AmritWorld says:

Dear Gurumustak Singh Ji,

You wrote, “One persons way is not the only or ‘the right’ way. ”

We are having ‘discussion’. You wrote, “Ask yourself what purpose will your comment provide. ”

The purpose of my comments is very clear. I want to tell what Sikh Maryada and Prampra tells.

http://www.mrsikhnet.com is not now only yours page. You get donation from the Sangat, and thus the Sangat has the right to tell what its Rahat Maryada says.

Dear mrsikhnet.com, a major part of Gurbani is but comments on other views. For example, Sri Sidh Gosht Sahib. If you do not want discussions, and you want only ‘sweet’ comments in favour of what you post on mrsikhnet.com, then please let me know.

Regards,

Amrit Pal Singh ‘Amrit’
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    +91-98155-73597

22. Himmat Singh Khalsa says:

Amrit Pal Singh,

I think I understood Guru Mustuk Singh’s request a little bit differently. When he asked to think a minute before you post, that is just so that arguements don’t start, because sometimes, some peoples’ first reaction is emotional. And when he mentioned that “one person’s way is not the only or right way”. It is clear that everyone has different views, because otherwise there would be no discussion. We are talking about the Khalsa’s way, but it is hard to tell what exactly that is. There are four or five main Rehit maryada’s that are all different and people follow different one’s so a long term goal of the Khalsa panth should definitely be to consolidate all of the Maryadas together. You are very knowledgable, excuse me if I was rude to you. I am just trying to help out Guru Mustuk, maybe he can check over my comment and if I didn’t clarify his views as he meant them, he can just correct me.

Also, if I am not mistaken I am pretty sure that MrSikhnet.com is a completely separate entity than Sikhnet.com. But there is that youth film event happening that Sikhnet (I think) is helping to sponsor. But, I am pretty sure that he does MrSikhnet.com mostly on his free time. But, what you said still (I think) is true about his blog belonging to the sangat, it seems that it’s purpose is just for that already – whether we donate to it or not.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khasla. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

23. Amrit World:We are not talking about ‘one person’s way’. We are talking about ‘Khalsa’s way’. Khalsa’s way is always right.

We are Khalsaand the Panjis in the picture are Khalsa.

24. AmritWorld says:

Dear Pritam Singh Ji,

You wrote, “Amrit World: You have really good points. {Now if strongly think GranthiJi should hold the Gutka and correct anything needed}”

There is no problem if Granthi Singh Ji reads from the ‘Gutka’. In fact, during Amrit Sanchaar, if one of the five beloved ones forget a line of Gurbani, other four of them can recite the line to tell him. It is absolutely ‘Dhanhdi Kalaa’ to believe that all of five beloved ones can forget the Banis or any of line of Gurbani. I saw on a few occasions when one of five beloved ones forget one line, but others beloved ones repeated the line.

Comments in favour of Gutka are really weak. If someone recites Jap Ji Sahib carefully daily, it is memorized. It is not a big job. There are five beloved ones. If one forgets a line, other can correct him. If all of them do not know Banis by heart, they should not take part in Amrit Sanchaar. Do you think it is not possible to find five Singhs who can recite Banis without Gutka?

Brother, you wrote, “I always used to confuse my teachers in school by looking down and she would think I was sleeping when really I was looking down…..Try it and look down and have someone take a pic.{itll look like your eyes are closed.

When I took Amrit the Panjis did it smoothly from the mind.”

Maryada clearly says where the five beloved ones should see. If five beloved ones in the pictures are seeing directly to the Amrit, it is good.

You wrote brother, “True with repeating when you mess up. Thats what your are supposed to do. so you are correct. But what if they dont catch themselves?”

Five of them. One makes a mistake. Others will not catch? In such a situation, they should not take part as five beloved ones, dear.

You wrote, “I see what you mean about holding the bata. I remember everything vividly.”

If someone holds Baata as per the Maryada, he cannot hold ‘Gutka’.

Dear brother, you wrote, “People make LOTS of mistake even if they recite from a ‘Gutka’ or Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. What is the point? My point was it is easier to mess up from memory. and people make mistakes.”

First of all, one should get proper ‘Santhiya’ of Gurbani. Only then he should think to participate in Amrit Sanchar as beloved one.

You wrote, “It is matter related to ‘Sikh Maryada’ True where does it say you cant read. ”

Maryada says how to hold Baata. If you do so, you cannot hold Gutka. Maryada says to look towards the Amrit being prepared. If you do so, you cannot read from the Gutka.

Regards.

25. AmritWorld says:

Brother Himmat Singh Ji wrote, “When I took Amrit I was wondering about these exact things that you are mentioning. Could you please explain the reason for holding the baata and staring at the Amrit?”

It is explained in a reply by brother ‘Singh’.

26. Himmat Singh Khalsa says:

27. Ravitej Singh Khalsa says:

It was my absolute honor and a very rare priviledge to be allowed to shoot the photos of the first Amrit in Eugene, Oregon. The Gurdwara until recently had been the only Sikh Temple in Oregon since the mid 1970’s and this was the first time the Sangat felt the capacity to perform this most divine ceremony. My personal experience being in Eugene’s humble country Gurdwara during the ceremony was nearly overwhelming. I have no doubt what-so-ever of the presence of the Guru at that moment in time. It was literally and physically tangable. One could feel electricity in every cell, and hear the sound in your mind. Since I was not an official part of the ceremony, it was my assumption that it would be like any photoshoot. Not so. It was like being in the wind of ten thousand Sangats with the Guru filling the room to incredible capacity. I feel so blessed to have been allowed to experience and record this most precision time. I believe our faith should not be a secret and the entire world should share in the incredible blessing. Many in Rotary have seen these photos and exclaimed how incredibly powerful it was. My spiritual teacher, Yogi Bhajan, didn’t believe in keeping things secret either.

Ravitej Singh Khalsa

WGJKK WGJKF

28. Wow Amrit world I was actually agreeing with what you stated and you start jumping like your walking hot coals. Calm down……

I clearly stated that I can NOW understand with holding the Baata.

I said YES anyother of the Panjis can correct them even the GranthiJI

Comments in favour of Gutka are really weak. If someone recites Jap Ji Sahib carefully daily, it is memorized. It is not a big job……….. I have heard Ragi Harbhans Singh Ji (Jugaddhriwale) even mess up on the recitation of JapJI without knowing. So no it isnt a big job and yes all Amritdharis recite JapJi{1 out of 5 plus} every single morning without fail. It doesnt mean you are incapable of messing up.

29. AmritWorld says:

Dear Pritam Singh Ji,

When I wrote about tape recorders, it was not sarcastic.

You wrote, “Wow Amrit world I was actually agreeing with what you stated and you start jumping like your walking hot coals. Calm down……”

I was just clarifying more. I understood that you were agreeing with me. I was making myself clear that it is okay if Granthi Singh Ji makes correction, though there is no need either, because five beloved ones can do this themselves. Okay brother, now you disagree with what I stated then, because you think I ‘start jumping’. Look at the language you used ‘you start jumping like your walking hot coals’. Dear brother, Khalsa is supposed to walk on edge of double-edged sword.

You wrote, “I clearly stated that I can NOW understand with holding the Baata.”

I did not say you did not understand.

You wrote, “Everything on your last post are true points all my comments on that post are in agreence with you.Except the looking down part which she is looking down and doesnt have closed eyes. It appears as closed eyes.”

I just said, “If five beloved ones in the pictures are seeing directly to the Amrit, it is good.”

You wrote, “I have heard Ragi Harbhans Singh Ji (Jugaddhriwale) even mess up on the recitation of JapJI without knowing. So no it isnt a big job and yes all Amritdharis recite JapJi{1 out of 5 plus} every single morning without fail. It doesnt mean you are incapable of messing up.”

Yes, it happens. Reason? ‘Without knowing’. That is why I said in one of my previous post, “one should get proper ‘Santhiya’ of Gurbani.”

Brother, is it not sarcasm when you wrote, “Put on the referee jersey and blow the whistle with every bit of your breath. Now we know we need you to supervise any Sanchars. Calm down and read what is there by contemplating it instead of speed reading.”

The referee is already there, brother. It is Sri Akal Takht Sahib Ji. Our texts also play role of referee.

I cannot use sarcastic remarks here. You did. Still you call yourself ‘Khalsa’.

You wrote, “What to do when we see people making mistakes when they are reciting from Gutkas? Should we start to play Banis on tape recorders?……. come on………No we should play the DVD……….Ask things worth saying, and not sarcastic.”

If I say, “Should we start to play Banis on tape recorders?”, it is sarcastic; and if you say, “No we should play the DVD”, it is okay.

You wrote, “My Amrit Sanchar was without the Panjis reading and it went smooth. I was just placing my possible changing opinion on the matter.”

Possible changing opinion. So, you change your opinion again and again brother?

Dear brother Gurmustuk Singh Ji, it seems you moderate only my comments.

30. Himmat Singh Khalsa says:

It’s interesting how you call everyone brother. And it sounds sweet, but it is actually like we are real brothers always fighting and arguing. How about we grow up and live our own lives? Theek hai Veer?

31. AmritWorld says:

Dear brother Himmat Singh Ji, in fact, we all are brothers. I have used this word for many times in my articles (For example: http://www.amritworld.com/sanatani/index.html).

Having a nice debate is not fighting, brother. In fact, we cannot hope for a good debate with outsiders/strangers/enemies. Yes, it hurts when any brothers try to degrade us: –

Duniya De Vatteyaan Di Saanu Peerh Rataa Na Hoyee.
    Sajjanaa Ne Phull Maareya, Saadi Rooh Ambraan Tak Royee.

Do not worry. I will not be disturbing this blog anymore. I just wanted permission from brother Gurumustuk Singh Ji to use this pictures. In my first post, I wrote, “May I use this picture somewhere in my articles?” That is all I wanted. I did not intend to have a debate here.

Vaise, tuhaada blog kehrha hai, Veer Ji?

32. Well, it all comes to getting the right 5 beloved ones. One can take Amrit, but it takes a while to perfect the walk a “Khalsa” is supposed to walk. To memorise is no big deal if one has the will and wish to do so. In times when “Gutkasâ€? were not so prevalent, people used to read from Sir Guru Granth Sahib and eventually memorise a particular bani.

I was at a samagam recently where Amrit Sanchar was conducted. I was offered to serve as one of the “Panjs”, but I polietely declined as I know my short comings and it is not right for me to take up that great responsibility if I know that I still have a lot of room for improvisation. At least that’s how I think.

Just saying that, “Where is it written that things have to be done one specific way only” will not validate something that is being done incorrectly (as per maryada). The supreme authority for all the Sikhs is Shri Akaal Takhat Sahib and there is no harm is getting answers for any doubts from them rather than just carrying out a ceremony incorrectly (as per maryada).

At our local Gurdwara, at the last Amrit Sanchar, a few of the Panjs were flown from out of town as the management wanted the responsibility of Panj to be carried out by some one who walks the way of Khalsa, rather than giving that responsibility to someone local who may not be the right one to be a Panj.

Bhul Chuk dee Khema…

33. Bhai GMS jee…

I was gettin some problem in posting, so I clicked Submit Comment a few times thinkin that it has not gone thru. Please take out the repetitions.

Thanx.

34. Lionchild says:

i really wished that these pictures where not taken… i have to say that it is not very considerate to be poking cameras all of the place and making an “event” out of it, this is nothing to show off… this is selfless and ego-free amrit… the memories are in the experience, not the pictures…

-LC

35. Sarvjeet Singh… your comments were submitted fine. Actually your comment got submitted at least 6 times…probably since you submitted it again. What type of error/problem are you getting when posting a comment? I tested it in different browsers and didn’t have any issue.

LionChild: One cannot assume anything about these pictures. You can read the experience of the photographer in a previous comment (Ravi Tej Singh). Let’s not criticize him of taking the pictures and assuming it was done to make an event or “show off” which is far from the truth. It was done with very pure intentions….and to help inspire others to take Amrit. One can document things by taking pictures without being obtrusive and disturbing. I know, because I am a photographer and am sensitive to this type of thing.

36. My point is why can you say sarcasim and when I use it you get bent. That is my point that using sarcasim only leads to more and more.

Should we start to play Banis on tape recorders? I take that as sarcasim. You yourself even say you should have to recite by memory according to Akal Takhat, so why would you ask a question when you yourself say even reading it is wrong? I only fought fire with fire to prove something to you for future reference for your conversations in sounding educated and completely humbled.

Jumping on hot coals is a figure of speech. You can add some poem to it allday long but it doesnt matter anyway. I can just tell you try to be very dominate whereever you are when you add your glorified comments.

And you use the word “brother” like my oakie brother and his friends use it. They use it to tell someone they are thinking stupid, and you use ithat word alot.

You wrote, “My Amrit Sanchar was without the Panjis reading and it went smooth. I was just placing my possible changing opinion on the matter.�
    Possible changing opinion. So, you change your opinion again and again brother?

As I learn something my mind changes. Suppose I learn that the Earth is flat and after learning it is round then I should keep the same opinion? Wow you learn only one way the highest most correct way and never learn anything new because you have no need to change your opinion. That sounds ignorant to me but then again who am I to say anything to you and your authority.

SatNam
    Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh!

37. oops sorry GurMustuk It was messing up and I tried to send…

This is the mood Im in. Watch it for a minute.

My daughter loves to watch this so Ive had it on most of the day.

38. singh amrit says:

can someone confirm if taking pictures of amrit sanchaars should even be done! im realy shoked dats alowed out der!

39. Here are pics other than these on the internet so run as a mob to start condemning to you who think these are the only images on the web.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

40. Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

To those who feel at the right place to here are more pics to start condemning

41. Jasdeep Singh says:

Well I think your first attempt was good, You got the gist of it. Though I have to agree, We should memorize the banis, and if they cannot then the 5 Gursikhs need to be different people, or bring people in to do it for you the first few times so the sangat learns, their is no crime in making mistakes, but we must understand how to do it correctly because there is only one way to do it, it is not open for dialogue. Learn from them go to gurdwara that are older and have a wise experienced sanagat and that are Khalsa gurdwara’s that follow strict rehet.

42. Palvinder says:

waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh..to the sangat…to be a khalsa is not just taking amrit…its more..but welll and yea yogi bhajan singh ji nvr used to say like amrit sanchar should be kept secret but veerji…Guru Gobind singh ji nvr told us to keep the 5 kakars? so are we trying to say that we shoudlnt keep 5 kakars??yogi bhajan singh ji nvr told alot of things..and yes the american sikhs follow yogi alot..what if he makes mistake??i mean the only thing the SIKHS should be following is akal tahkat! not what yogi ji said!? rite? and yes amrit sanchar should be done wih proper maryda=proper way of making a cake!

I remember the american sikhs took amrit from AKJ maybe u should ask the president of AKal security…he was blessed from the Proper punj pyarey and got the gift of life..and amrit is not something to be shown to world…it should be kept gupt and american sikhs do alot of yoga and belive in energy rite? well during amrit sanhcar the energy should be strong…when camera and ppl who are not allowed enter the Darbar the energy gets lost…Guru may bless it…but he wont like it that much..now i know ppl are going to ask how i know what guru ji likes or not..lol..very tipical its just that Guru Gobind SIngh JI maharaj Bachan is Rehat pyari mujko sikh pyara nahi..thats why internal and external rehat is important.

My dear brother and sister of the White sikhs…plz follow what was followed as the olden days…dont change it cause we dont answer doubt the guru what he does..he is all perfect no doubts…it is really sad to know that most of the american sikhs started that yogi ji nvr told us kakars had to be so strict that it cant get off the body and other stuffs..i really respect you guys alot for the parchar you all are doing…but if im not mistaken( i would be wrong) that the white sikhs take amrit becuase they are inspired to do yoga and that shabad guru helps them? not for understanding Guru ji? im sorry if im wrong ji…
    bhul chuk maaf ji..
    waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh!

43. Lionchild says:

singh amrit…
    It has been discussed and is being currently being disucussed here: http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=18902&st=0

44. After taking Amrit, one should try to incorporate humbleness in ones charecter. With the heated discussions and the kinda language used above, it do not occur that it is happenning. Just writing “Khalsa” with one’s name doesnot make you one. It takes years of practise. Taking Amrit is just admission in preschool. One has a long way to go.

Bhul Chuk de Khema…

45. AmritWorld says:

Dear brother Pritam Singh Ji, you wrote, “I will say you win,youll get what you want and everything you say is un-debateable to worms like me and I wont comment to yours anymore so say what you want this is the end for my comments.”

Okay, I should not go further with your comments, if you will not make comments on my points anymore. As a last post on your comments, I would like to share a moment of my life.

Once I delieverd a lecture in Rama-Krishan Ashram, on Sikhism. Swami Shivsevanand Ji came to me and appreciated the way I spoke to the gathering. I replied to Swami Ji, “I am just a WORM.”

Swami Ji said, “Hey, What are you saying? You are a son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. A son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji is a lion. How can you call yourself a worm?”

—–

Dear brother Himmat Singh Ji, you wrote, “The only reasons you gave were because the maryada says that. Could you enlighten the point any further please?”

For me, the ‘Maryada’ is more important. If ‘Maryada’ says something, I will accept it without bothering what an individual say.

—-

Dear Gurumustuk Singh Ji, you wrote to brother Sarvjeet Singh Sifar Ji, “What type of error/problem are you getting when posting a comment?”

When I click ‘Submit Comment’, then I see a page which shows my comments with tags, like a source file. (not always).

46. AmritWorld says:

Brother Sarvjeet Singh Sifar Ji, thank you for your nice and humble posts.

47. Sarvjeet…. have you enrolled? Its easy to come at the end of a debate and say ” everyone just get along.” If adding Khalsa to your name is nothing then adding Singh is the same for some of us. Who is the judge to say someone isnt a Khalsa? Did Khalsas kill the enemies or did they say they were too humble and must be like a Jainist? Not that we are killing eachother or anything but it is easy to critisize and then say not to critisize.

We get really mixed up so we all have to get along.

In a family with lots of kids, Do the kids never argue or fight even a little? But in the end love eachother and still remain brothers and sisters regardles of their differences.

Im done with anymore comments on this thread. I will read but wont comment anymore on this.

Jinhaan milian tera nam chit avvey.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh!

48. Wahe Guru ji ka Khalsa || Wahe Guru ji ki Fateh ||

Amritworld wrote:

\”It is matter related to ‘Sikh Maryada’. Neither you, nor I have the right to make new ‘Maryada’. If something is wrong according to the ‘Maryada’, we have to say it wrong. If any confusion, one can contact Sri Akal Takht Sahib Ji on any point of Sikh Maryada. So far as people like me are concerned, we will say what the ‘Maryada’ says. It does not matter if a few people like it or not.\”

Yes, \’Maryada\’ is important. Are there some that would say that a few errors are going to negate this Ceremony? But these are small errors and small errors are made all the time. No New Maryada is being made here.

Yes, they should not have been wearing jewelry. When I took Amrit we were instructed to remove all jewelry and I have not worn any since.

Yes, they probably should have the Banis memorized but I have no problem with reading from a Gutka. They should have had someone else holding it.

I\’m surprised that someone didn\’t complain about two of the Panj wearing glasses, but I guess that was a little too picky.

Amrit is all about the commitment that you are making to the Guru, to yourself and to the community that you are ready to live by the Truth and anyone who nit picks this to death has no idea of what the Truth is.

Errors are made in the Maryada all the time. These were only errors and the Guru will overlook them even if some people can\’t.

Probably the best example of an error that is almost universal is one that is made in every Anand Karaj. The Maryada says that the bride and groom, after making the first round and bowing, will stand to receive instructions for the next rounds. I have never been to wedding that the bride and groom stood and I would bet that everyone here that is married didn\’t stand either. Does this make every wedding that has ever taken place null and void. NO. It\’s just an error.

Chardi Kalaa

Amar Prakash Singh

49. Jasdeep Singh says:

I have to agree with Sarvgeet Singh, When we take Amrit it is just begining, being part of the "team" to speak, we still need to "practice" to actually call ourselves "players". I have not taken Amrit yet but will, I will join the Khalsa, but I must live and act like a sikh to call my self a real khalsa. Other wise All I will be is another Fake Sikh with all the markings of a true sikh, and thus being deceitful to my self and the world. So we need to work at it. that’s all. So I don't think he was critisizing he was jsut stating a truth. We all jsut need to put our guards down.