Chardikala Jatha – Live at Harimandir Sahib – April 26th

Many of you asked for me to post audio/video of the Gurbani Kirtan which was done by Chardikala Jatha in the Golden Temple, Harmandir Sahib (April 26th 2006). I had audio but was waiting to get some video footage before posting it. So, have a watch. The video is about 85 minutes long. I posted a larger video which will probably only work for those of you that have fast (broadband) internet access. You can also download the audio/video files.

As always…you can take the audio/video on the road with you. I post all the audio and videos to the MrSikhNet Podcast.

Download: Audio (80MB) / Video (198 MB)

15 Responses to “Chardikala Jatha – Live at Harimandir Sahib – April 26th”

1. Sounds soooo beautiful. They have alot of talent to sound soooo clean. Not that its bad but they specialize in that kind of slowish Kirtan.This song is putting my daughter to sleep because it is sooo soothing from being very fussy. I actually download this no matter the long wait and I have a lightning fast connection.
    SatNam
    Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh!

2. bhupinder singh says:

i downloaded the video its beautiful. thanks for sharing!

3. Angad Singh says:

wahegur ji

pritam singh ji..ckj dont really specialize in slowish kirtan..its just some shabads are meant to be sung like that..hear them sing guru gobind singh ji’s bani..you can search this blog for chardi kala feeling chardki kala u ll hear them sing jai jai jug karan..and deh siva bhar mohe hain..

fateh!

4. Prabhu Singh says:

You win.
    (I was joking with Gurumustuk that we were in competition to see who could get this video on their blog first. I didn’t put enough effort. I had access last night to a video tape of it, but I didn’t have a way to get it on the computer.)

5. Prabhu: Hahaha… I never looked at it as a competition…but I guess it made things fun. It’s like newspapers trying to be the first to get the latest “scoop” on a hot story.

Someone posted Windows Media files of the kirtan on another website and I just got a DVD from a friend in England. You can get a copy if you want one. Let me know and I can give it to you at Sunday Gurdwara?

6. I have heard alot of ChardiKala Jatha. I also know that certain Rags are slowish. I hear other Ragis sing certain types of Rags. Some can sing better rags than others. I guess I have to show what things I have downloaded in order to post that they sing certain Rags more than others.
    If we went by the certain times of day{split into four} then we would sing every Sikh Rag except Im asllep during the last part of 9p.m-12a.m and 12a.m-3a.m but awake at the 3a.m-6a.m time of certain Rags.

7. amrik singh says:

Vaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee fateh.

Thanks for posting this audio/video Bhai Saahib.

CKJ are amazing!

Chardeekalaa.

PS CKJ have released two CDs. These are equally amazing!!

8. Veerji,

You are simply amazing at this seva and the Chardikala Jatha are simply awesome.

May Dasam Pita bless them !

Fateh,
    Rajkeerat Singh

9. hai the tabla player is brilliant mesmerizing i love the tabla.thats what keeps me listening. You people might be looking for that guys beard i wish the camra man would focus on the tabla player he good Sat Sri Aklal

10. Paramjit says:

Very good kirtan, I have downloaded their japji sahib too, my kids love it they listen to it every morning. Does Chardi Kala have reharas sahib too with music in the background?

11. gmustuk says:

They normally do the first part of rehiras (like it is done at the Golden Temple) but then move to the standard recitation.

12. S Singh says:

wow this was good. I felt alot of Shanti when listening to this.

13. Gurpreet SIngh says:

Gurmustuk Veerji:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Thanks for putting this on your blog, i’ve downloaded this on my computer….since this is 85 min recording i can’t burn the CD to play it in my car. Please suggest other options. Love the first shabad!!! Thanks

14. Kaur says:

waheguru ji ka khalsa
    waheguru ji ki fateh
    i had such a good fortunate to watch kirtan in darbar sahib for the very first time in my life and i was like so amazed and didn't knw much about them but what i felt is that these are the true sikhs, they are gurmukhs such a sweetness in their voice….. amazing… i want to listen to their japji sahib can u pls give me the link so dat i can download aswell..