Our Family is Getting Bigger

Tonight I wanted to share with you some exciting news (at least it’s exciting for me). Myself and my wife Arjan are getting ready to welcome a new soul onto this earth! In other words: Arjan is Pregnant (almost 4 months). We have been blessed with a beautiful son Narayan and now are getting ready for round two.

We’ll have to wait and see if Narayan gets a brother or sister. Narayan has been a real challenge since he was a baby so I think the odds are good that the next child will be easier. Plus, I have already gone through all the motions of raising a baby…so I know better what to expect. I remember the night after Narayan was born I couldn’t sleep because I was worried he would stop breathing or something would happen. Basically I was hyper sensitive and it was a new thing having a tiny baby. It is such a learning experience. I’m sure the rest of you parents out there can relate. It’s one of those things that people tell you about, but you don’t really understand until you are a parent yourself. No matter what people tell you about getting ready to be a parent you can’t really fathom the reality of it till you are actually there.

Being a father has been not only challenging but extremely rewarding. As with marriage, it forces you to work on yourself and hopefully become a better person. To me the life of a house holder is very sacred. You learn so much and it makes me less selfish. Obviously it is easier to just take care of yourself and your needs, but when we are striving to see God in all, then it is important to not be selfish and to serve others.

I grew up as an only child, though I had quite a bit of community who became my brothers and sisters (who are still my good friends today). I remember always wanting to have a sister growing up. Most of the people I talk to who have siblings say how great it is, and would never want to have only one child. So, I guess Narayan will get to have a sibling to lead, love, and help take care of. They will be about 5 years apart so I don’t think sibling rivalry will be an issue.

We did a home birth last time with Narayan (which was awesome) and are going to be doing the same thing this time. It is so much more private and personal having a baby in your home. We have a great Midwife who will help with the Labor. She came over to our house the other day and had this little device that she puts on Arjan’s tummy and you can hear the baby’s heart beating on a speaker. *thump thump* – *thump thump* – *thump thump*. It was so cool hearing the babies heart beat. It really made it real. You see Arjan’s tummy getting bigger…but you don’t really relate to a *real* baby. Hearing the heart just makes it more real. The joy of parenthood!

Anyways, enough rambling. I Just wanted to share the good news with you all.

Here are some pictures of my family around when Narayan Singh was born back in 2001. Wow! Looking back at these pictures I realize how fast kids grow up fast!

One of the pictures is of me as a baby and the other is of Narayan. Can you guess which is which?

This is a picture of Me and Arjan, proud parents of Narayan. This was during the summer at our old house having a picnic lunch outside back when Narayan was just a few days old.

Narayan and his Papa all tuckered out and taking a nap.

Me and Narayan a day or so after he was born. Super proud papa :)

A great picture of Narayan wrapped up in orange cloth taking a nap a day or so after birth.

59 Responses to “Our Family is Getting Bigger”

1. Jasmeet Bansal says:

Congratulations to both of you Bhaji and Penji…may Waheguru bless you and your growing family

2. Congratulations and many blessings shower upon your whole family and the coming soul. :-)

Best to you all,
    Gurukarm Kaur

3. Vicky Singh says:

Awwww.. Congrats to both of you :) May waheguru bring more happiness into your family !

4. i hope everything goes well! and i hope it’s a girl! :) does narayan know what’s going on?

Congratulations. :)

Rachel

6. congratulations! :)

Congratulations to both of you.

8. Thanks You!

Actually when I was writing this post earlier it occurred to me, that you all and the Sikh community are like family in many ways. Especially all those people who come, read and participate on this blog and SikhNet. It’s been great going on this journey together!

9. Congratulation to you both! Waheguru mehar kare!

Congrats GM Singh ..Great news. Convey our regards to Arjan as well ..
    Gururakha..
    Khalsa

Congratulation!
    May Wahegure bless you and your family
    gurjeet

Hey GMS,
    Check my post from last night, i guessed it right… what do you say to that….? I can read your mind even from north of 60……
    Congratulations….

13. Lakh Lakh Vadhaayee Hove.

May the child have the blessings of Waheguru, and be born as a Bhagat of Waheguru :)

“Poota Mata Kee Aasees. Nimak Na Bisiro Tum Kau Har Har, Sadaa Bhajhu Jagdees.”
    Translation:- “O child! This is your mother’s hope and prayer, that you may never forget the Lord, Har, Har, even for an instant. May you ever vibrate upon Waheguru, the Lord of the Universe.”

14. Congratulations to both of you… Waheguru…

Best Wishes,
    Satwindar Singh

Congrats to both of you! Its great news!

Guru Sada Ang Sang Hove!

Angad Singh

16. kiran says:

awwwwww congretualtions bruv, good luck with Narayan No.2!!!!! May Waheguru make all your dreams and hopes come to life.

lots of pyar

kiran

ps well cold and grey in London this morning.

Congratulations bhaajee!! May Maharaaj bless you and your family with Gursikh jeevans.

Waheguru

btw.. so which pic is of Narayan and which one is of you??

18. satvinder says:

Congratulations!! (“,)

WAHEGURU JI KAA KHAALSAA WAHEG URU JI KI FATEH

IT IS GOOD THAT THE BABY ‘LL GET PARENTS THAT ARE SIKHS

SIKHS who can raise their children in sikh rehat

more and more sikh children should get what he/she & Narayan Singh ‘ll get and are getting (respectively)
    WAHEGURU JI KAA KHAALSAA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

20. Mandeep Singh says:

Hi,

Congratualtions. My sister recently had a baby girl and its amazing how much joy they bring to life.

All the best.

Congratulations to all three of you !!!!

Gurmeet K.

22. Gurdeep Kaur says:

Congratulations :) May waheguru bless you with a healthy baby.

Congrats to Narayan :) he’s gonna be a BIG brother….

23. rajwant singh kalsi says:

Good news.
    Congratlations.
    Have you already selected a name and or nickname?

24. Harleen Chahal says:

Congratulations!

May God shower his blessings to your family and the new baby.

Narayan must be very excited!

Best Wishes and Regards

25. rajwant singh kalsi says:

The first photo is yours and the next one is of your son.
    Is it right ?
    I judged from the quantity of hairs.

26. manpreet says:

Sat Nam!

Congratulations to both of you.
    Your life is full of love and your love is full of life.
    May Waheguru bless you all four.

love

27. Pardeep Singh Nagra says:

Vadhyian and Fateh! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy, and a even better delivery. Good Luck. Guru di Kirpa!

A.K.A. Boxer Singh

Congratulations Gurmastak and warm wishes for your wonderful family. Yes, it is great to have siblings!!
    May Waheguru continue to bless you with SEWA, it is great to read your inspiring blog every day!
    Akal Sahai!!

Congratulations Bro..

May waheguru bless you & your family & the precious soul on its way…

Kamaljit Kaur

30. Kiren says:

Aww Gurumustuk.. this is fabulous news!

i can’t even imagine the kirpa this soul has been blessed with to be a part of your family.

warmest wishes and lots of love to you all.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Congratulations & Best Wishes :-)

Great News Gurumustuk! Congratualtions to the family! Like Ik Singh said, I hope its a girl because they ara just so cute and bring so much fun into family. This news is like Desi and Lucy’s baby news from “I love lucy” show to us! Please keep us posted.

Congrats!!!!!!! Many blessings to you. =)

Fateh Gurumustukh,

Congratulations on the great news, your right becoming a parent is an amazing experience and even better twice over! I wish all the happiness to you, Arjan, Narayan, and newcomer for the future.

Lakh Lakh Vadiya!

Avtar Singh

Congratulations in having a child.. may waheguru continue to bless you

http://grabsomeone.com admin

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Gurumustak Bhaji. Keep up the great for our community!

Many many congratulations!!!

Regards,

Raj

38. No one took the challenge to guess which of the baby pics was me and Narayan. I guess no one reads the captions…. Grrrr…

39. RENOSEEK says:

Congrats GMS ji the one in color is Narayan
    SSA amitoj

vjkk vjkf! Congratulations bhaji! Hope the next few months go smoothly for you and phenji! Cant wait to see some pictures!:)

top photo is narayan and bottom photo is you … am i right??

42. Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fethe

Oh! Were we suppose to take a guess hahahaha… I think when most of us read the first paragraph of your post or so, the excitement and delight made us go straight to your comment link to send you warm wishes Khalsa ji. Well if I had to take an educative guess (by looking at the quality of the pictures), I’d say the second picture is yours and the first one is Narayan hahahaha. To be honest, there is no difference between you too! Once again congrats and best wishes.

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fethe

Wishes,
    Satwindar Singh

43. Sifar says:

Bhai Gurumustak Singh jee…

All I can say is blessed will be the soul that will be born in house of Guru Nanak….

Guru Fateh…

congratz

I think the black & white picture is your son, and the color picture is you…the colors remind me of the colors in photos from 20-30 years ago. :) Plus, there are spots on it and I know a few of my own baby pictures from 25 years ago have similar-looking spots!

Rachel
    Nova Scotia

46. kiran says:

yes GM I totally agree with Rachel…

47. Some of you guessed the right picture of me and Narayan…and some got it wrong. The old discolered picture I was sure was a giveaway.

48. Siri Dyal says:

Wowwwwwwwww! GM. and Arjan Congratulations! This soul will be bless with Family, friends and God´s Love…. next Gurdwara here in Mexico I´ll pray for he/she ….and wellcome!!! Say hi to Arjan Kaur..I send you both my heart

Congratulations
    May waheguru bless you
    ranbir

50. Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fethe
    Congratulations! May Waheguru bless you and your growing family.