My 7th Wedding Anniversary – Jan 3rd 1999

I got an e-card from someone in my family wishing me a Happy Anniversary. I was a little confused at first and thought it was a mistake, but then I realized that tomorrow IS my 7th wedding anniversary! Good thing I got the reminder! Phew! You have to remember stuff like this with women. I have learnt that lesson well in the past. Us guys don’t think so much about these things (like Valentines day), but for many women these are the few times they can squeeze some romance out of their man. They expect it! We really do need to take the time out of our busy days to spend quality “couple” time with each other.

For those of you married people…remember back to the early days when you first met. How does your “romance” compare to then. If you are like most, romance is probably non-existent. When I say romance I don’t mean sex. I mean doing nice things for each other, going on surprise dates, giving flowers when not expected, doing creative/fun things together to enjoy your spouse.

Time really does fly by. I met Arjan around Dec 1996 at the Winter Solstice Camp (which was just held in Florida)…and got married a few years later after she graduated from Chiropractic College. Wow…I guess that is only 10 years ago. Seems like a lifetime ago.

I have been so blessed to have such a wonderful wife and family. I always pray for the same for my single friends. It is such a learning experience and joy to be married.

Here are some articles that I have posted on the blog this past year relating to marriage that you might find interesting.

13 Responses to “My 7th Wedding Anniversary – Jan 3rd 1999”

1. May waheguru bless you and family, good wishes on this day for you all. Thanks for doing all that you are doing through Sikhnet and your blogg.

2. May waheguru bless you and family, good wishes on this day for you all. Thanks for doing all that you are doing through Sikhnet and your blogg.

3. Angad Singh says:

Wishing you and Arjan Kaur a wonderful year ahead..Happy Wedding Anniversary

Guru Rakaha
    Angad

Congratulations, You made it throught the 7-Year Itch. Hehe
    HP

5. SikhsRus says:

Gurmustuk and Arjan Ji,

Anniversary utay bahut bahut vadhayee! Rab joday to salamat rakhay atay khushian bakhshay!

Congratulations Arjan and Gurmustuk Ji!!!

BTW how you guys come to know that he/she is the one for you ? What was thing ?

Can you please share?

Thanks

Guru Rakha

7. Happy Wedding Anniversary Gurmustak Singh ji and Arjan Kaur ji. Waheguru give u everything in ur life.
    Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh.

8. How does one know that the other person is the “right person”? Well for me you just know when you meet the person and get to know them.

For me I had similar interests, she liked me for who I was (ie: liked me better as a Sikh than not…and was very devoted and supportive of me).

For everyone it is different. You have to tune into yourself to know what is right for you.

9. Wahe Guru ji ka Khalsa ||
    Wahe Guru ji ki Fateh ||

Gurumustuk Singh and Arjan Kaur

Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary. May you have as many as my wife and myself (35.)

But your post did bring a moment of sadness for me. As I was looking through your wedding photos. I came across a photo of an old friend of mine, Iqbal Singh from Dallas, who was the Granti at your wedding. Remembered how this GurSikh’s life was tragically cut short.

Chardi Kalaa

Amar Prakash Singh

10. Thank you everyone for your good wishes! Today was a great day!

Amar prakash: Iqbal Singh was also a close friend of ours. Arjan used to live in Dallas for a few years as she went through chiropractic college. She used to go to the Gurdwara that Giani Iqbal Singh was at. He made the most yummy food and the tastiest chai. We always remember him with fond memories.

May Waheguru bless you and family especially Arjun, such a cute ” GURU DA SINGH”
    =MS

May Wahaguru always be with us.

Would like to wish you a very Happy
    Wedding Anniversary.

Would also like to this opportunity to thank your family, especially Arjan Kaur and young Narayan Singh , for letting us to be a part of your family.

13. wow! says:

Wow! You guys look so beautiful. I know this is a little late as you made this post a while back, but veerji how old were you guys here? You both look very young, vibrant, beautiful & full of love/life (not that you still don’t-of course you both do:) hehe). But how old were you guys then? take care, God bless.