Soul Portrait of Arjan and Me

Here is a “Soul Portrait” of me and Arjan that a friend of ours, Hari Jiwan Kaur just painted for us. She does some amazing works of art. The pictures here and on the website don’t do themself justice from seeing the real thing. You can see more of her art at: http://www.sacredsoulart.com/soulportraits.html

Here is the description that she wrote along with the painting:
“Your union has formed a sacred vessel, a bowl of light and love for souls to come through. Many wish to come through you as parents, but only a few will come into the world as your children. The bowl of light is in reference to the native Hawaiian belief that all people are born as a bowl of light – pure and radiant. The bowl of light also signifies the well-spring of God, The light you dip your cup into and the light that you serve from. Maintain the integrity of the vessel, This is your destiny to live and serve in the radiant light of God. All things will come to you and your family.”

(ok…all those critical people, just take a deep breath and just let that itch go. It’s good to not try to read into things too deep… Thanks! :)

8 Responses to “Soul Portrait of Arjan and Me”

That is so nice of your friend to do that for you we love you both from your cousin Jenny Miner hello Arjan

very beautiful

SatNam
    Dear Gurumustuk Ji,

By reading this i realise that you are indeed a kind of “parent” to me too (though you have the age of my children). By being so open and honest you show me(us) the sikhi way of life in a way that no other person ever did. The radiant light of Waheguru shines very far through you!
    The soul portrait is beautiful!

manpreet

Dear Gurumustuk Veerji,

I was wondering how to get in touch with the artist, I went on her site and tried emailing her but it kept bouncing back..would like to do something for my me & my husband’s 1st anniversary next month!
    Thanks!

5. Hari Jiwan Kaur is currently here in Espanola visiting. I have her business card at home and I remember it being a “Khalsa.com” address rather than the:

[email protected]

Maybe try:
    [email protected]

I’ll check at home and let you know.

6. Diane W. says:

I want to comment on the post about all the hate that gets spewed at Yogi Bhajan. I couldn’t send it through that blog post because you disabled it. Understandable. But I wish to contribute something positive. I went to my first KY class in Price, Utah, early this year. It was so, hard for me at first. My teacher is so beautiful, and very good at what she does. My point is, I received joy, intense, love and joy, it was a remarkable experience. I felt divine beings over me,accepting me and loving me. I took the challenge and did the very simple “heal your back” every day. In about a week, my awareness and inner strength and my health had soared. I have tried so many self help this, spiritual that, over the years. But KY definitely came to my rescue in a big way. I always thank my teacher Dava Kaur and Yogi Bhajan and the two friends who introduced me to the KY every time I finish the sunshine song. I love how you can get into the spiritual practice of KY as deeply or as simply as you choose. I doubt I will ever dress with the turban & immerse myself as you have, but I have found something true and divine in KY. All the hate and bile directed at you is simply saying to you, you have something truly good and beautiful here. Try not to let it get to you, and especially don’t give them any of your energy. I send you my love.

7. Diane, thank you for sharing that!

singh, gur fateh again,

its mandeep from ny
    got to say…i loved that picture and really felt for all the souls that are trying to come back through you two.
    the time that i spent with you two was absolutely amazing.
    it inspires me to be the best i can be so i can have such divine support and recognition.
    im just breathless thinking about you two. god is blessing you so much in every step, in every breath

waheguru