Summer Solstice 2008 – Audio Recordings

Bhai Kultar Singh and Jatha

Every year during the 3HO Summer Solstice Event in the mountains of Espanola, New Mexico many of us enjoy hearing beatiful kirtan by so many talented musicians from many different backgrounds. I was able to record some of it to share with you all. It has taken me some time to go through the audio tracks, find the good stuff, split them out, clean them up, etc. etc., but I think it is worth the wait! The recordings below are a mix of beautiful classical Gurbani kirtan and western style kirtan from a range of musicians (many whom you might be familiar with). So, sit back, relax and enjoy!  (Audio player at the bottom of this blog post)

Some of My Favorites

Bhai Kultar Singh
This summer Bhai Kultar Singh and his jatha visited our Sangat and it was so inspiring to hear them play kirtan and talk about Gurbani (in English). When I listen to the kirtan it just takes me to the time of the Gurus.

Raj Academy Jatha
This summer we had a lot of classical kirtan which was so great! On Sunday during the week of Summer Solstice it was such an experience to hear all the stringed intruments all together played by the Raj Academy Jatha with Prof. Surinder Singh (UK). It evoked such emotion and longing for the Guru. Waheguru! I’m in love with the taus instrument. It has such emotion and beauty.

Chardikala Jatha
We can always count on beautiful and energetic kirtan from this jatha.There are some great recordings of them. A few of them had some audio distortion, but I posted them anyways because they are still so nice.

Harbhajan Kaur

Simrat Kaur & Jaidev Singh
Beautiful rendition of Singh Kaur’s original song from Crimson album, which is an english translation of some lines from Siri Guru Granth Sahib ang 757, by Guru Ram Das in Raag Suhi.  The shabd from which it is taken is "Koee aan milaavai mayraa preetam piara ho tis peh ap vaychaaee". This track if from the all night ransabhai kirtan.

Sat Purkh Singh
They sing a spanish/gurmukhi version of "Antar Jami Purkh Bedatay". It’s great hearing the different Gurbani sung in so many different styles from people of different cultural backgrounds.

Nirinjan Kaur and Dileep Kaur
What can I saw but Waheguru! Listen and be prepared to be transported to the clouds, flying through the air, free and one with God!

Hari Bhajan Kaur
Another very gifted young musician! In this track she sings a medley (Jap Man Satnam) during the rensabhai kirtan.

Snatam Kaur
You all know Snatam Kaur, so no introduction needed. I only have two tracks of her this time. The first audio is of her chanting Waheguru for about 11 minutes and this was done as a continuous meditation and builds and evolves over the 11 min. The second track of her is an edit of this audio where I looped one portion of the waheguru chanting and has a consistent and paced rhythm of chanting waheguru that you can just dive into and is perfect for meditation (chanting out loud).

To download a particular audio track, right click with your mouse on the track you want and when the menu displays select "Download this track". You can also listen and download the Gurbani audio tracks in the MrSikhNet Audio Player

16 Responses to “Summer Solstice 2008 – Audio Recordings”

1. Gurukarm Kaur says:

Gurumustuk Singh jio – I *love* this new audio player embedded in the blog. You are doing SUCH great things altogether. Thank you so much for everything.
    Wahe Guru!

2. Balprem Kaur says:

Sat Nam Gurumustuk!
    Thank you so much for doing this work! I have copied some of them to my iPOD and I will use them for my own KY practice and for teaching (when I get certified next year!)Blessings,Balprem Kaur

3. karanvir singh says:

Thank you so much ji, for putting up all the kirtan from the Solstice. Kirtan was one of the most important experiences for me at the solstice.  i really longed to hear the kirtan from the solstice.  now my longing is full filled.
    God Belss you brother

4. Jai Kaur says:

Sat Nam Gurumustuk!
    All I can say is waheguruwaheguruwaheguruwahejiowaheguruwaheguruwaheguruwahejio
    waheguruwaheguruwaheguruwahejiowaheguruwaheguruwaheguruwahejiowaheguruwaheguruwaheguruwahejio

All you are doing is helping keep the memories of my first Summer Solstice alive and present.  Thank you!

5. Prabhu Singh says:

Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa Ji has done so much service to the panth, he deserves to retire and just meditate and be fed langar all day!
    This kirtan is amazing, I love every bit of it!
    WaheGuru!

6. Jasravi says:

Waheguru is ‘Ours’ and you are specially on duty Gurumustak….. May Nanak always keep you in high spirits to serve the world !
    Hugs to you – Chardee kala niwass sadaa hee rakhna….
    Satnaaam….

7. Gurjeet Singh says:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh, Khalsa Ji are all the shabads link … downloadable ?

8. Satnam Singh says:

Gurfateh gurmustuk singh. I visit your blog once a while but this is my first comment. i just want to say that your sewa for the panth is absolutely amazing and has inspired me to do the same for the local sangat in this tiny country i live in. Keep up the good work, your sewa gives me peace within my self. absolutely amazing kirtan. I hope i can come to the summer solstice next year

9. Harkiren Kaur says:

Gurumustuk!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!! Now I don’t feel so alone all the way in Malaysia :)

Missing you all,
    Satnam

10. SIR, gurmastak singh ji, waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh.
    khalsa ji, i have tried a lot to interact with u n other singhs n kaurs ( gurjot singh khalsa, sanata kaur ), but unfortunatly no reply. n now im really begging to u please contact me.
    i realy have to talk something important next to god.please contact( 09911893893,india,ramanps1357yahoo.co.in). please contact. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

11. Ravinderpal Singh (harrow) says:

Mai Banjaran Ram ki sung by Chardi kala Jatha in raag Darbari – Pure anand !!!

12. Gurvinder Singh says:

WAHE GURU JI KA KHALSA
    WAHE GURU JI KI FATEH

BHAI SAHIB JI YOU ARE DOING REALLY GREATE JOB, I JUST WANT YOU APPRETIATE YOUR EFFORT AND PRAY TO GURU NANAK THAT HE SHOULD BLESS YOU.

13. Navpreet Kaur says:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
    Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Snatam Kaur’s tracks aren’t playing anymore:(

14. Jyoti says:

Hi.,,. My name is Jyoti.,., Ilike the track Mai Banjaran Ram ki.,., I have been tryin to download it.,.,But I couldnt do this for some reason.,., I m not Sikh though.,., But I respect all the comunities.,., Thats y.,.,.,.

15. Santosh Kaur says:

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh!
    Thank you for this gracious piece of work you have offered.
    This music is inspiringly heart-felt and enriching
    Bounteous Blessings poured out to you!!

16. RANJOT SINGH says:

you gursikhs are in real sense preaching the message of guru nanak dev ji………..i request you to do the same thing in punjab also,from where most youngsters are going on the wrong path……..
    thanx……….waheguru g ka khalsa waheguru g ki fateh