New CDs from Chardikala Jatha

This summer Chardikala Jatha released two great new CDs! They haven’t been online for sale so I didn’t mention it earlier. Many of you have seen videos of them teaching, playing kirtan at Harimandir Sahib, Chardikala Jatha Mantras from Jaap Sahib CDor downloaded live mp3 files of live recordings. I have received many emails of people asking about CDs, so hear you go!

The first CD is "Mantras from Jaap Sahib". The length of the tracks are 31 minutes, 31 min and 11 minutes which are ideal times for meditating. The first track is Ajai Alai, then Gobinday Mukhanday, and last is Chatar Chakar Varti. The mantras are played in a very up-beat and energetic pace great for meditation. You can order the CD and hear audio samples here.

The second CD is a Sadhana Music CD meant for meditation in the morning. The CD includes seven different audio tracks for chanting with. This is one of the CDs that I meditate and chant along with in the morning. It is sung in classical raag and has beautiful instrumentation. Some of the tracks are: Mul Mantra, Rakhe Rakhan Haar and Waheguru Simran. You can order the CD and hear audio samples here.

If you don’t already have their older CDs you can also check out:

24 Responses to “New CDs from Chardikala Jatha”

1. surenderkaur says:

Sat sri akal

In the sadhna cd of CKJ,What is the meaning of Wah Yantee & sat sri akal, sri akal, maha akal waheguru. Is it from SGGS or elsewhere.

2. This sadhana was specifically given for the Pisces-Aquarius cusp period. (i.e., till 2013)

We practice a specific sequence of seven meditations for a total of 62 minutes. This cycle was given to us by Yogi Bhajan as a powerful personal tool for growth and protection during the transition from the Piscean to the Aquarian Age.

Morning Call (7 minutes 2 and 1/2 breath cycle)
    Ek Ong Kaar Sat Naam Siri Wahe Guru

One creator created this creation, truth is His name, great beyond description is His infinite wisdom. This mantra opens all the chakras. Be sure to apply the neck lock to let the Kundalini energy rise.

Waah Yantee, Kar Yantee (7 minutes)
    Waah Yantee, Kar Yantee, Jag Dut Patee, Aadak It Waahaa Brahmaadeh, Traysha Guru, It Wahe Guru

Great macroself, creative self, all that is creative through time, All that is the great one, three aspects of God: Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh (Shiva), that is Wahe Guru.

The Mul Mantra (7 minutes)
    Ek Ong Kar, Sat Nam, Karta Purkh, Nirbhao, Nirvair, Akal Moorat, Ajuni, Saibhung, Gur Prasad, Jap, Aad Sach, Jugaad Sach, Hai Bhee Sach, Nanak Hosee Bhee Sach

The Creator and Creation are One. The identity is Truth. Doer of all things. Fearless, Beyond Revenge, Undying, Unborn, Self-illuminated, Guru’s Grace. Meditate! True in the Beginning. True through all the ages. True even now. Nanak says: Truth shall ever be.

The Mul Mantra gives the capacity to retain rulership. There are 108 elements in the universe and 108 letters in the mantra (in its original language). Emphasize the “CH” sound at the end of the word “SUCH”, but do not sustain the sound; this adds power.

Sat Siri Akal (7 minutes)
    Sat Siri, Siri Akal
    Siri Akal, Maha Akal
    Maha Akal, Sat Nam
    Akal Moorat, Wahe Guru

Great Truth, Great Undying, Great Undying, Great Deathless, Great Deathless, Truth is His Name. Deathless Image of God, Great Beyond Description is His Wisdom. Great Undying, Great Deathless, Truth is His Name, Deathless Image of God, Great Beyond Description is His Wisdom.

Rakhe Rakhan Har (7 minutes)
    Rakhe rakhan har aap ubarian
    Gur kee pairee paa-i kaaj savaarian
    Ho-aa aap da-i-aal manaho na visaarian
    Saadh janaa kai sang Bhavajal taarian
    Saakat nindak dusht khin maa-eh bidaarian
    Tis sahib kee tayk Nanak mania maa-eh
    Jis simrat such ho-o sagalay dookh jaa-eh

Oh savior Lord: take us across the world ocean. Uplifting and giving the excellence, You gave us the touch of the lotus feet of the Guru, and our Works are embellished with perfection. You have become merciful, kind and compassionate, so our mind does not forget You. In the company of the holy, You carry us across, from misfortune, calamities and disrepute. The Godless, slanderous enemies You finish them off in an instant. That Lord Master is my Anchor and Support. O Nanak, hold firm in your mind. Remembering Him in meditation, happiness comes, and all sorrows and pain simply vanish.

Wahe Guru Wahe Jio (22 minutes)
    Wahe Guru Wahe Guru
    Wahe Guru Wahe Jio

Great Beyond Description is This Wisdom
    Sit in Virasan, on the left heel with the right knee against the chest and the hands in prayer pose. The eyes are at the tip of the nose.

Guru Ram Das Chant (5 minutes)
    Guru Guru Wahe Guru Guru Ram Das Guru
    Calls on Guru Ram Das in praise of his spiritual guiding light and protective grace.

3. Gurinder "G" says:

Gurumustak singh ,

two questions: 1) recent comments is not working or inactivated?
    2) Do you have information regarding Kundilini DVD’s by Nirvair Singh khalsa? The entire package of 6 dvd is for 99 dollors.

I really liked your hard work on the calenders. Soon I will be asking my all relatives to thing about it.

4. Gurinder….you can get more information about the DVDs by Nirvair Singh at: http://www.kundaliniyoga.net

ps. I’m waiting for my copies of the Calendars too :)

5. Gurjeet Singh says:

Guru Granth Sahib, first ever and only Mantra spelled by Guru Nanak Dev was the Mool Mantra. Which has the power to raise every sort of energy from top to bottom and from bottom to top. Why have you discriminated it and gave rise to other Hymns instead of calling them Shabads what is the reason to call them Mantra ? please clarify as I asked a question previously when the whole FUSS was made of Guru Gobind Singh and Jaap Sahib. But my quesstion remained unanswered. Anyways, please clarify. Awaiting your response…. Guru Fateh !

Guru Nanak saw that Hindus are making a big deal of handing Mantras to the people who thought that this SPECIFIC mantra may refresh them and the problems will be all gone. Hence the UNIVERSAL mantra is the Mool Mantra that is in the Guru Granth Sahib by Guru Nanak Dev, that is known to cut evil and fertilize goodness and godliness. Mantras are known to revive a particular energy in any form that was not easy for a simple human to do. Hence the Mool Mantre that means the Universal Mantra, anyone can recite and is for everybody. All of them including the Mool Mantra are holy scriptures and there are also other Saakhis of Gurus that are not included in the Guru. Those are said to be Saahiks and are there in the poetic forms. Your efforts to revive the verses form other Saahiks and Pothis and Granths are very appreciable and I respect them too. But please don’t call them Mantras as this creates ambiguity and elaboration is a must.

Regards
    Gurjeet Singh

6. Gurjeet Singh, I think you must be referring to the CD by Chardikala Jatha titled “Mantras from Jaap Sahib”. This to me is a difference in culture which is causing you to react to this wording because of our different backgrounds.

A majority of the people that listen to these CDs are of western origin and may not even be Sikhs. The word “Shabad” is not known by many who are not Sikhs……while the word “Mantra” is a well. I don’t see anything wrong with calling it a Mantra.

Man = Mind Tra = Frequency (To Tune). So it is a sound to tune the mind. We can call it a shabad or a mantra. Either way works. No one is promoting these as secret or special “mantras”…and claiming it will do this or that miracle.

7. Gurjeet Singh says:

Well, I hope this clarification is included in the leaflets that is inside the album. Certainly, others who are not Sikhs should know the differnce in mantra and Shabad. Like you said : mantra is a well known word and no doubt, that they do think about this Shabads as mantras. By the way, if I need to correct here is the word Mantra is actually a Sanskrit word : Mantr(With no “a” in the end) of this word. Means the satisfaction of mind as a whole the actual meaning of Mantr. When you say the word “frequency”, it again means to resonate a particlar and specific frequency and reviving a particula energy form, not the mind as a whole. Thank you for replying. Waheguru bless one and all. If I am wrong anywhere please do correct me, I believe knowledge is to be spread in a proper way without ambiguity. If non-SIkhs don’t know what is Shabad and mantra then please post a material or matter on any blog or don’t let them misunderstand these Shabads as a mantra and YES every word of Guru Granth Sahib does miracles in any form, provided they do to the mind and inturn to the soul. Its effect can only be seen on a Gurmukh by a Gurumukh.

8. Prabhu Singh says:

I don’t understand the discussion. Mantras do affect the whole mind, and they are integral to the Sikh practice. This is why we have the Mul Mantra, the GurMantra, the Bij Mantra (Sat Naam), The Guru Gaitri Mantra (Gobinday Mukanday…).
    When you sit down to meditate the mantra is very important. It is your mental projection. If you chant the mantra (japna) then your mind goes to that.
    I remember when somebody was writing comments on mine and Gurumustuk’s blogs saying that we shouldn’t say “the Guru” when referring to the Siri Guru Granth Sahib. Instead we should leave out the word “the.”
    Some people have the opinion that we should or shouldn’t use certain words. That’s your opinion and you can do whatever you want. The title of the album is perfectly suitable and describes it in the best way. Shabads are generally thought to have a rahao line, an associated raag, and ‘ghar’ or house, these sections of Jaap Sahib are not sung like shabads but repeated as mantras.
    Any bit of any shabad that you repeat (japna) you are using as a mantra. Anything repeated in your mind is a mantra. These are repeated verses (mantras) from Jaap Sahib.

9. Gurinder "G" says:

I agree with Gurumustak and Prabhu.

Lot of people do not have any knowledge and they will begin to argue or to have a argumentive disscusion. Maybe these folks are tooo young or they never have invested any time in understanding the philosophy of sikhi in depth.

Always People try to justify their actions by arguing where is it written in SGGS etc… OR they will give their own meaning to the shabad. This simply means that yet they have not studied extensively about sikhi. And they will keep on arguing on their perferences or cultural stuff.

10. Gurjeet Singh says:

Waheguru ji ka kahalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

I am sorry, all I meant was to keep misunderstandings at bay. There are lot of Bramh Gyaanis among us like Mr. G and ABC alongwith XYZ to name a few. That can fulfill the empty spaces in the Panth and we can succeed a long way ! I am blessed to be here. As I have stated that anyone can correct me if I am wrong. “I am not important “… like my brother Mr. Hallman tells me. “Mantra” is not an appropriate word for Shabad… when it comes to Non-Sikh buyers they will misunderstand as they don’t know the difference between Shabad and Mantra. Its true that Shabads in Guru Granth Sahib have Raag and rehaao in them that is to bring out the feelings, the mood associated with the particular Shabad that is sung not only by one Light but also those from different cultural and linguic backgrounds, the point at which to grasp a breath. Jaap sahib, in contrast is written only by Guru Gobind Singh, the mood is set throughout. The individual is supposed to recite it with normal breaths, because the Shabads (words) are not easy to pronounce. Anyways, they are not Mantras. They are Shabads, its a proper name. There is a difference when you ask your friend “How is your Mother’s Husband” and “How is your Pita jee”.

Mother’s Husband = Pita jee

I pity you Mr. G, Mr. ABC and Mr. XYZ… those who don’t agree to perfom the Amrit Ceremony behind closed doors, they wouldn’t even understand this. Anyways, I had to discuss this because I need to correct my misdoings and I hope Waheguru helps all and enlighten all.

11. Prabhu Singh says:

I appreciate everybody’s view point. I guess my only point was, that everybody has a different opinion. So lets not try to force ours on anybody else.
    One thing I don’t understand though, is where the idea of a “hidden” Amrit Sanchar came from?
    I’ve seen at least 10-15 VCD’s from India with film of Amrit Ceremonies. We all know that Guru Gobind Singh did the first Amrit Sanchar in front of everybody, so where does this idea come from?
    When we hold an Amrit Sanchar we do it in a closed space so that it’s not disturbed, but I can’t imagine sharing a photo of it to be some kind of great sin.
    Those who are of the opinion that it should be behind closed doors, do you also feel like we should ask Guru Gobind Singh to redo the original Amrit Sanchar and fix his “mistake” (of doing it in the open)?

12. Gurinder "G" says:

my point is do we really practice what we right because it is very easy to say anything about everything.

Who can be above Guru Gobind Singh ji. People who leave comments according to their wisdom that things should have done certain way..! Matter fact in sikhi there are no secerts or stuff done behind doors.

Mr Gurjeet singh thanks for the comments, but no one is above guru ji. If there is someone then its our ego or misunderstandings which have been stuck with us because of cultural differences.

I am glad that you have pity on me because my prayer before guruji is give me the guidance so that I could see faults in myself and only myself first, And for last.

13. Gurjeet SIngh says:

Allright, have you ever peeped into a mother’s womb to see if the child is develpoing properly ?

Similarly, the place where Amrit Sanchaar is going on is like a Motherly womb. Waheguru… just because of there are doors and windows and CAMERA ! you think you can capture the Essence ? Come on… what ever you guys do. There is nothing hidden when it comes to the womb in which a child id developing. Like the closed room serves as a womb in which a person enters and emerges as a new born. Don’t forget my brothers, Guru Gobind Singh did it in front of the Sangat, he had the power… he did it, we can’t question on that. The five heads were asked for and then EVERY SINGLE ONE knows what happend. Do we do it in the same way like Guru Gobind Singh did ? During the Amrit Sanchaar is the person beheaded ? and then the head is fixed back again? NO … we don’t do it like that. And we can’t. The whole point is of a surrender and the person is VERY VULNERABLE at that point. As Sikhs we can’t give our opponents a chance to let them know when a Sikh is vulnerable and that is Amrit Ceremony. One dosen’t have any Shaster like Kirpaan, God forbid if something happens and the ceremony comes to a stand still because the opponents have attacked ? what can we do ? Hence this Ceremony is done like this, there are Khalsas vigilant on the entrance and guarding the place where the ceremony is going on secretely. Because we don’t want other to know that a SIkh is the most vulnerable at that time. Only after the Ceremony the Khalsa is “Tyaar bar Tyaar Khalsa.”

The whole point is very critical and surprisingly simple. Until you open up your minds for the originality. Closed room serves us an the womb from which the Khalsa emerges. You won’t get anything by uploading pictures and VCDs and DVDs its just like taking off the grace and is merely and exposure.

Carry out the Ceremony with all its grace. At that time the Pyaaras are concenterated with the Shabad Baani and shouldn’t loose focus for any reason.

A child is the most vulnerable in the Womb, a single atack can kill the Mother as well as the child even before the Birth. ‘

Ths is what I wanted to say, its more than a ceremony. The time when Guru Himself was present, who could even think of doing a interruption ? The great POWER in front of them, NO ONE questioned. Today, we are all vulnerable. Guru Gobind Singh knew that this day of Vaisakhi will be elaborated and recalles in every Sikh household. Everyone would know how the ceremony is taken place. This dosen’t mean that even you can do it the same way by exposing it and uploading picture just because you see it that ways it dosen’t mean other who don’t understand will think the same when they look at your pictures. For then its just entertainment. Who knows better than the person himself undergoing the transition state from a simple humanbeing to a Khalsa. I have still to undergo this ceremony because I am not an Amrithdhaari. One day sooner, the privilege will be given to me by the GURU himself and when I come out of the Womb (Gurdwara) I will call out for Him and thank Him by sayin Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

14. Gurjeet SIngh says:

Now I guess what is so called hidden Amrith Sanskar. Its not hidden but its a state in which a person is the most vulnerable and as Sikhs we protect the weak and vulnerable. We have to be Tyar Bar Tyaar, and can’t let other know the time we are vulnerable, even before going to bed we recite Sohla Saahib. It is believed to create an powerful fence around a Sikh by the Guru Himself to protect HIS Khalsas. As compare to this the Amrith Ceremony is far more critical. I hope you have got my point.

15. Gurjeet SIngh says:

Can you read the mind of a butterfly coming out of the cocoon ? A bird coming out of the egg shell? Abover all, can you ask a newly born child whats going on with him/her ? the child enters this world with closed plams and fingers tightly bound. A sikh emerges from the closed doors just like that, but with all the Kakkars and Dastaar. Fully concious and stable. Now ask him what was going on with that Sikh, don’t hold back but you can interview a Sikh afterwards with all the media and youe favourite cameras and flashlights, whats that big idea?

16. Gurjeet SIngh says:

Its not Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s mistake … it was the reason to do it in the open because he knew he had to. He had to do it in the open because he didn’t want silly people to come around with camers and QUESTION what is going on. I think Americans are just like that, curious and inquisitve about everything. Always palpitating and sweating because of thier haistyness and are very ignorant, lack the knowledge to use words properly and they don’t realise whom they are addressing to even if its in regatds to a Spiritual being or equallty important as a role model, and there is always a dignified way to talk about critical things. But the Sikh sangat of Espanola has comeout of all the above things I said above and I appretiate that, only the last tit-bits remain, its there with everyone including the non-Americans … no need to worry about that. Hopefully even they are cleared sooner or later… Waheguru bless us all and enlighten us all. If you are talking about the Indian VCDs and DVDs even those guys are mindless. And there is always an audience to watch them because of the inquisitive and curious human nature. Waheguru bless us all and enlighten us all.

17. Reema says:

Blessed are those who can can sing Guru’s bani.I’m touched with Chardi Kala Jatha love & devotion to Guru. Instead of getting into discussion who is right or wrong & imposing one’s own belief on others, we should appreciate that we get to listen to such amazing Gurbani. Being born in sikh family does not give us authority to judge others as non sikhs. Waheguru truly knows his true Gursikh.

18. Gurinder "G" says:

Mr Gurjeet singh,

Too many loose associations and tangetial thoughts.

19. Prabhu Singh says:

I can’t imagine a room full of people armed with a kirpan to be vulnerable. Also, in photographs and VCD (which come out of India) I’ve never seen anybody even notice the camera. When Guru Gobind Singh did the first Amrit Sanchar in front of everybody, there was a Muslim spy in the crowd who wrote about the event. I’ve never heard of an Amrit Sanchar since, that has had to deal with “opponents.” It seems very far fetched. When I received Amrit all my concentration was there, everybody was concentrating. Later I found out that my friend took a picture. That picture hangs on my wall and I see it every single day. I would probably hang an ultra sound on my wall as well, if I was about to be a father.
    Stereotyping all Americans and Indians is totally pointless. We don’t know the true state of others.
    I respect your opinion, but again, it’s just your opinion. The harder you hold on to your point of view, the narrower you become. Sikhs are expansive (to the point of infinity). Open mindedness will take you on a true journey to see God in all, and really know God.

20. Gurjeet Singh says:

Well, its wise enough to be openminded rather than changing the meaning of a procedure or method or word. One can be in a state of infinity only if the person holds to a point even if the point is arbitrarily situated to begin from, to start progressing. Only then the person would know how far he/she has come or how much nearer the person is now, in regards to the thoughts(this is called expansiveness) at least I am not asking for a piece of land. I am not wise enough to prove an existing fact, Lord has done it all. I have spoken much beyond I could think, the words are bitter now but I will try my best to keep the Shabad protected from ambiguity and change its meanings. If you call this narrow mindedness, fair enough. Neither I intented to question someone’s devotion. I have failed to elaborate the point. But I am happy to think about it in this ways and share with you all. I don’t think I have wasted my time. One day I will have better words and energy to elaborate more I guess. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and most thanks to Gurumustak Singh ji, not to take away the multi-line text box this time. Waheguru bless us all.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

21. Gurinder "G" says:

Mr Gurjeet singh,

On this blog we are sharing congitive process for certain issues which may reflect our own emotional state, however, we are not here to hurt someone’s feelings or put someone down.

What you have tried to express is your perference on certain issue or what you may have learned while growing up years from you environment. When the issue comes down to perference then every person in the world would have different perferences regarding how to do certain things.

Nothing is above our Guruji, so if someone is trying to construe the facts because of their personal perferences then the logic behind it loses it weight,

Lot of Amrit dharis are making their own CULT, for instance, they don’t allow anyother person to prepare langar if that particular person is not amrit dhari, they just want to cook in iron intensils, use water of the well, etc etc However, it becoming so ugly that they are refraining other people of other religions to sing shabads or even join the congregation. So, its happening because when we think that we are ABove Guru then we will make rules to control society in OUR OWN Perference…..

the reasons that you have provided in your previous posts just tries to justify your perference and nothing else. Thats why it has so many loose associations.

You have spent so much energy to explain your perference only, But I only want to hear Guruji’s Perference…….

22. jeet72 says:

i agree with gurinder one hundred percent , if we only go with what our guru ji wants us to do than there will be no confusion in this world. GURMAT is above and all than MANMAT

23. Rajinder says:

Gurjeet has valid points, it’s shabad not mantra. it was “Shabad guru surat dhun chela”. Even disection of gurubani is in conflict our ideology, beacuse SGGS talks about Allah, Raam, Waheguru to unite all with shabad not to disect.
    As far as Amrit Sanchar is conderned, when I was blesses with it. It was a private affair, it’s not a tamasha(play). If you want it, pay the price(your head) and recive it.
    Rest, I wouldn’t call any one type of humanity(americans) different from other. We’re all puppets in the hands of 5s, some bit more, others little less.
    Unfortunately, these days there’re too many brands of Sikhs, it makes lot of well meaning people frustrated, helpless and blunt. May naam stays in everyones’ heart.

24. Gurdev says:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

To know that there is photos of an amrit sanchar must mean that you have looked at them. If the sin is taking the photo, the sin is also looking at the photo then!!

And peering into the mothers womb is a way of connecting the unseen with the seen and is a way of creating a bond between the mother and child, this is done with an ultrasound scan.

Similarly the way these photos are taken at amrit sanchars, to peer and to connect to our mother (Guru)

We all have different opinions on what is right and wrong but i agree with Prabhu, the mind is infinite, only the body is finite…..you can either think with your ego or think with your infinite mind.

Try and project positivity not spread judgement and negativity.

Also mantra, my interpretation is minds projection…ANY word can be a mantra. love, peace, blessed be, whatever can be a mantra, it simply means a word you focuss on to project the mind to a different state. Mantras are not exclusive to the Sikh faith.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh