Bana and the Sikh Identity

Here is another awesome video interview with Guruka Singh on the topic of Bana and our identity as a Sikh. Guruka Singh answers a question about the relevance of the identity of a Sikh, especially in relation to this post 9/11 era where many people relate the turban to terrorism.

9 Responses to “Bana and the Sikh Identity”

1. Manminder Singh says:

As with all Guruka Singh Ji video’s only one word to say excellent, keeps me coming back to this most informative website, thank you

2. Ravinder Singh says:

I really felt the passion when Guruka Singh spoke. The interview questions are great as are the answers, they come from the heart..

3. Harjit Aujla says:

Great answers! keep it up!

4. Kamaldeep says:

I turned back to Gursikh just year back after 18 years. And I truly feel that if i would have heard this before I wouldnt have been non-gursikh for 18 years. Thank you VERY MUCH people behind this.

5. kuldip chana says:

I always listen to Guruka Singh Jis video and they he touches my soul. This is a very complicated world and it is very hard to change because you need to be 101 percent committed to be a Gursikh.
    I would realy like to have contact Guruka Singh Ji and speak to him and ask him a few more questions.

6. jaswinder singh says:

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh, Brahm Giani Singh Sahib Gurka Singh Khalsa. I turned to path of sikhi back in 2000 when i was 20yrs old, i was first person to be blessed with guru ji’s kirpa in my family. Waiting every year to go to India (Anandpur Sahib) to take amrit, I finally went in September and have just recently returned, I wear Guru Ji’s Bana, and it keeps me focused as i am Guru Ji’s Representation on Earth, and I feel in control of myself and forever in love. its a constant reminder every second of the day of who I am. On my visit to india i visited Jugat Guru Singh at Miri Piri Acadamy, and what a inspiration he was, he too explained the importance of our tools and not symbols. Much Love . Guru Rakha.

7. surinder singh says:

Wahe Guruji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guruji Ke Fateh bhai Guruka Singh.You delivered 100% TRUTH with passion.Great eye opener to a Punjabi born to sikh family.Please share somemore dont stop.

8. I AM SEE LAST ONE HOUR KIRTAN. SO I FEEL REALY GOOD. AND I LIKE IT………

9. coco singh says:

Very nice and succinct responses by Guruka ji. Appeals to your senses.
    One request. It would be very useful, if along with the video, a transcription text is also done and presented. Visual form (in text format) supplemented with the aural (video) would definitely help, like i have seen in some websites.