SikhNet Film Festival Video: Gurmukh Singh

My pick for today of the SikhNet Youth Online Film Festival videos is by 20 year old Jasmeet Singh Bansal from Pennsylvania, USA. He was one of the winners of the 2006 Film festival for his video titled "The Call". Another well done video to make you think.

"Sometimes children make us think about the everyday beliefs that we take for granted. And that’s exactly what a loving husband and father has to do when a series of innocent events lead him to think about his dedication to his faith. See what happens as these events unfold in the charming life of "Gurmukh Singh"

15 Responses to “SikhNet Film Festival Video: Gurmukh Singh”

1. R. Kaur says:

Waheguru. Brought tears to my eyes. Very well done!

2. Sangeet Kaur says:

The message was presented simply and beautifully..and in a way which I expect so many people can relate too. Very well done. Can’t access ‘The Call’ at the moment but look forward to seeing that one to!

3. Rajwant Kaur says:

Excellent! May you live up to your name, and waheguru tuhada tey kirpa karan.
    Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh.

4. Gurinder "G" says:

it takes lot of courage to change our appearance or to follow guru’s way of life. It is amazing how society impacts our outer appearance.

I have learnt one thing, that all of us say that I am a sikh from my heart and all it matters what is inside. Actually, a fruit tree inside is full of sweetness and it shows it by producing sweet fruit. So, what ever is inside will project outside.

we (including myself) are driven by societies expectations and we do want to blend in among others, even if we have to sacrafice our love towards our own spiritual being. Its amazing that we are willing to accept what society dictates rather than follow guru’s light.

Doesn’t it sounds very similar where 40 mukatay told Guru Gobind singh that they are not his sikhs and he is not their Guru. This was all done under the pressure moghul forces during that time. When we bow before society’s made rules then we will walk away from Guru ji’s path.

Our internal love towards as a spirtual being will reflect outside. We can say all we want that inside matters but it will show from outside what do we really have inside. Just like our thoughts will bring out our actions.

However, I have very high regards for Gurmukh singh becasue he has been successful to break down the wall of fear, unknown and society’s pressure and has surrendered himself to the greatest energy of all or True king of kings.

Its amazing how Guruji made Gurmukh singh his courtier through his son.

I hope that Growing hair or being baptism is NOT done to impress sikh society because again we are falling into the trap of impressing others to gain acceptance. But if it is done with love and devotion then it is the greatest change of all in its purest form.

5. Joravar Rai says:

Nicely made video my friend.

6. Arpan Singh says:

Jasmeet Singh Jee,

“The Call” according to me, was a great example of how to extend the message to the viewer in so little time. I read your story “A film maker in the making” and was quite impressed. Trust me, when i saw the trailor of Gurmukh Singh, just could not wait to watch the movie, and when i finally got to have a look at the movie, it was bang on target yet again. The editing, screenplay, camera work and specially the music in both your films has been amazing. Great work, is all that i can say.

Would be eagerly waiting for your next venture.

I would also request you to please have a look at my entry, “Guru Nanak, Please Come back” and being a film maker, comment on it.

Thanks and Regards

Best of luck

7. Jasmeet Singh Bansal says:

Most definatly Arpan Singh Ji. I will take a look at it and give you some feedback. Thank you for your kind words.

Gur Fateh!

8. Herjinder Kahlon says:

Very inspiring I must say. Touching, and it really makes you think! Great job!

9. Wow. What a great movie! Acting was superb, and the message was presented so nicely.

I’m going to watch it again!

10. Ravinder Singh says:

Awesome!

11. Paramjit Singh says:

Jasmeet Singh
    Excellent, touched my heart. Keep it up

12. Naveen Kaur says:

Wow! What a great video! It brought a tear to my eye! Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

13. Sarabjeet Kaur says:

Would appreciate if the same message would be emphasised on girls to keep uncut, undyed or untreated hair too.

Wonderful example this was though.
    Mera Satgur sab uttey mehar karey!

14. Kamaldeep Singh says:

Brought tears to my eyes. Sat Nam.

15. sardul singh sidana says:

Thanks gurmastuk singh ji

Keep on doing great sewa to sikhism