Choices (by Gurujot Singh)

Here is another one of my video favorites from the SikhNet Youth Online Film Festival. Like many of the good videos…it only took a short period of time to do the recording of the video….and then TONS of hours and lots of late nights editing the video. I’m surprised how well he pulled off this video given the short amount of time. This is Gurujot Singh’s first real video and he did an awesome job! It’s quite funny too :)

In this video: "A Sikh gets accosted by an angry man accusing him of being a terrorist/foreigner. In his mind he goes through scenarios of different ways he could react to the person. The first is to get angry, the second is to try to not look like a Sikh and fit in. In the third scenario he becomes neutral and teaches the man about what it means to be a Sikh.
This short film is done in a comedic fashion, but it also has a moral: As Sikhs we must compassionately educate others about us to end discrimination instead of getting angry or dejected."

I found it interesting seeing the differences between the other video titled "The Identity" which shows a Sikh guy being recognized every where as "Mr Singh". In that video…everyone knows who he is and that he is a Sikh, whereas in this video the guy doesn’t have a clue who Sikhs are….and thinks he is from the middle east.

18 Responses to “Choices (by Gurujot Singh)”

1. Harjot Singh says:

Nice work done,I think I would like to give somebody the same answer as you did.

2. Nanki says:

lol at the irate White guy speaking fluent Punjabi! Love the sarcastic humor.

3. Rajwant Singh Kalsi says:

Nice topic, rather to say the topic of the time itself. We all are facing this situation.
    Congratulations Gurujot singh ji.

4. Rajwant Kaur says:

Dhan Gursikh Gurjot singh, You are a true Gursikh. Maybe others can learn lessons on how to handle situations.

Well done/

5. Jasmeet Singh Bansal says:

I enjoyed Choices….but the extra long credits movie was just too much. I was rolling on the ground laughing. I think of the same thing when im done editing my movie…”how do I make it seem important by making the credits longer” lol absolutley loved it paaji.

6. Jasmeet Singh Bansal says:

as u can see…it was so funny that i posted the comment on the wrong post lol. dont wrry i will re-post for the epic movie

7. Jaswinder Kaur says:

Great job and great answer. Loved it. Thanks for making it

8. jasmeet says:

SAT NAM,
    Gurujot singh ji very nice work. its really hepls many youth sikh to explain what we are.{DONT REACT JUST ACT}

thanks

9. Gurujot Singh you are full of surprises. You seem so quiet and unassuming. Yet, deep inside is such creativity and humor and depth of spirit and devotion.

Miri Piri you are a great catalyst and really complement your brother. God bless you for joining in this beautiful creative effort of communication.

I am sure so many can see themselves in these different personalities.

10. Hari Singh Khalsa says:

That was great. Sorry to last years winners, but I gotta say I think this is the best video I’ve seen yet. Maybe I’m just impartial to humor. I certainly have a predisposition to find Guru Jot funny when in character. Just as I was thinking last year at this time, I regret not having made a video. Last year I had the excuse that I didn’t have a video camera, but now I do. So let’s see if next year I can actually set some time aside to make a video. Or maybe I can make the video now, and submit it next year.

11. Ravinder Singh says:

Loved it!

12. Hari Dev Kaur says:

This is such a fabulous video – humour with depth….it’s a great way to connect with so many different people. My 13 year old son loved it as well – which I think is great because he’s learning while laughing… he also really enjoyed the short that Gurumustuk put together “starring” Guru Jot Singh -so much fun!

13. sat nam,

dope video, EYE liked it, EYE would make a second one explaining certain things. like the downplaying and stereotyping of the hiphop culture and making hiphoppas look like ignoramuses. Widen the horizons and look into the culture and its origins and its intent. EYE am the hip hop kundalini yogi introducing kundalini yoga through the 9 original elements of hiphop and the culture. The misunderstanding that will happen with muslim brothas based on how they were portrayed here. “you are stereotyping an Islamic populations by adding a Islamaphobic skew of Muslims as bombers.”

“Instead of reading the word of Christ, BE the word of Christ
    Instead of following God’s word, BE God’s word
    That’s the consciousness of hip-hop
    You are not just doing hip-hop, you ARE hip-hop
    You are not just reading the word of God, you ARE the word of God”

KRS-One

peep the page

sat nam
    THE MEDDAHMORPHOSIS
    SIRI DEVA SINGH

14. hargobind says:

Gurujot—you the man!!!! That’s so tight…. ROFL

15. Shanti K Khalsa says:

Gurujot – that was just fantastic! And Miri Piri Singh was brillant. Well done, little brother.

16. satvinder says:

Erm, I have this huge cheesy smile stretched accross my face. The film was great and did a really good job of conveying some pertinent messages. Loved it!

Thank you for sharing.

17. Jaslien Kaur says:

Woww Veerji u were just amazing nd u inspired me to tell people hu dnt no bout Sikhism wat a gr8 nd flourishing religion Sikhism is without offending dem nd tell dem n a calm way as a true gursikh wud….keep it upp…waiting 4 ur nxt video…