Marriage on the Spiritual Path: Mastering the Highest Yoga

Almost two years ago Shakti Parwha Kaur started writing a book relating to marriage and being on a spiritual path. If you have been reading this blog since the beginning (2005) you might remember a post that I wrote sharing my advice and experience being married which was included in the book along with other people’s stories. When I went to Los Angeles for the Vaisakhi celebrations last weekend, Shakti surprised me with an autographed copy of her new book. I’m excited to start reading through it, since it looks like it has some really good information. This is a great book for all those who are married or wanting to get married. One thing though….If you buy the book…you have to actually read it! As Yogi Bhajan used to say… a donkey with bibles piled on his back doesn’t make him a padre/priest.

Marriage on the Spiritual Path - by Shakti Parwha Kaur KhalsaMarriage on the Spiritual Path: Mastering the Highest Yoga
By Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa

Author of Kundalini Yoga: The Flow of Eternal Power now brings you Yogi Bhajan’s yogic technology and insight on Marriage..

An expansion of her infamous "Don’t Get Married!" talk, this book is a pragmatic approach to a most mystical union:

• What is love? A down-to-earth answer to head-in-the-clouds romantics.
  • Communication, Communication, Communication! Men and women really are different – what to do when you’re lost in translation.
  • What questions should you ask – and know the answer to – before you tie the knot?
  • What are the typical problems – sex, money, and religion – and what can you do to understand and resolve them?

Words to live by, technology to help you not only stay, but play together, with stories to cherish. Marriage on the Spiritual Path is a primer on how to approach the most important decision you’ll ever make – and a reminder to those who’ve already made it: How to be happy, how to be committed, and how to successfully unite in an often divided world.

View the table of contents to get an idea of what is inside this book:
Page 1 Page 2

Related Blog Posts:

14 Responses to “Marriage on the Spiritual Path: Mastering the Highest Yoga”

1. manpreet kaur says:

Wahegurujee ka khalsa
    Wahegurujee kee fateh

This book will really help married couples or who wanting to get married because nobody before marriage teach to both boy & girl about various issues related to marriage may be because parents & other people hesitate…….both boy & girl belong to different family & raise in different environment & specially in Indian culture where parents don’t allow boy & girl to know each other before marriage then it become great problem to change or adjust with future partner & with his family. Moreover if both belong to sikh religion then even there are controversies relating to religion like now a days some people believe that a sikh should be vegetarian & some believe that a sikh can eat non-veg….so these types of controversies should be remove from our religion which sometimes create argument.

2. kishor says:

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATIH I THINK THIS CAN BE BEST BOOK IF ONE CAN THINK,I WANT TO READ READ THIS BOOK BUT I HAVE NO MONEY TO BUY, I AM LIVING IN PAKISTAN. IF U CAN SEND ME SOME POINTS OR BOOK I WILL BE THANKFUL

3. Ramanjit Singh says:

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa,Waheguru ji ki Fateh

This book seems a great teaching for both married and yet to marry. From the Index page whole of the material is quite clear. It’s good to relate marriage with spirtiual paths.

If one wants this book from where should it get.

4. Sukhwinder Singh says:

I CAN’T WAIT TO READ THAT BOOK!!!!!

5. Harminder Kaur says:

waheguru ji ka khalsa
    waheguru ji ki fateh

I have just finished reading this book, it was truly amazing, i would def suggest reading it!!!

Thank you so much Shakti parwha Kaur ji!!!

6. Why my message is not being displayed !

7. Hardeep Singh says:

Have A Nice Day !

8. Joga1756 says:

Vaheyguru Ji. This is a excellent opportunity for me and for others who are interested in building their skills in communication and leading a successful married life. Thank God someone wrote a book. Mainstream Northern Indians cant help with such subject’s because of shamefulness in discussing issues such as feelings….

9. Ilchi Lee says:

Great Book!  Truly a good read.

10. Mere T. says:

Great Book! My view is that when marriage is seen as a spiritual path, it enhances our ability to love and serves as a nurturing environment for children. Marriage also allows two people to consciously nurture each other’s life and growth.

11. Ilchi Lee says:

After purchasing the book and reading it, I was really impressed with some aspects of it.

– When she started talking about how we would incorporate some of these techniques to make a union whole again despite the pitfalls of technology and society in the present day (early 21st Century) endued me in incitement.  Just last weekend I practiced one of the exercises using some breathing and honesty.  Instead of arguing with each other, we would each come up with one thing we liked about each other.  We concentrated on the aspects of each other that made us fall in love.  Positive energy instead of negative enhances the marriage.  When it did come to negative connotations, it was done in such a way as to not infuriate the other.  Usually when people argue, it could be for a multitude of things unrelated to the marriage itself, but to our surroundings (bills, work, housework, children responsibilities if you have children, etc.).  We threw those parts of the argument out the window and just geared it towards concentrating on parts of our core being that wasn’t attractive to the other.  We started with one, then we each made a list of things that can be done, then another list of things that each of us is willing to do to compensate for that negative portion.  The book is written in such a way as to eliminate absolutes:  Everything should have some sort of give-and-take to balance things out.  This way the marriage is truly one of two participants acting as one.

I really loved this book!  It was worth the price I paid…and I believe that if anyone who’s reading this thread was given a chance to read it, they would gladly pay the price for it as well.

12. hasvinder says:

Gurfateh ji. i think i am going to buy this book coz a lot of positive feedback from everyone. Can u tell me where can i buy it in birmingham, uk. guru ji bless u all. thanks. i will write when i have read it.

13. hasvinder says:

Gurfateh ji. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book. Lovely feedback

14. prabhjot kaur says:

after reading all views i would like 2 fead this book…bht i hve some confusion…
    i want 2 know that whre from i can gei this book……..bcoz i belong 2 punjab..
    can i get it from jalandhar.amritsar…
    plz give mi rply
    i m crazy for reading this book…….i m fond of religious books