Our Daughter’s Name – Charanjeet Kaur

Charanjeet KaurLast night I had written up a long blog post (Day 3) but all of a sudden my LCD screen went totally white. Apparently something is wrong with it and am sending it in for repairs, so I lost that blog post. Oh well. I guess it wasn’t meant to be said.

Thank you all for the overwhelming show of support and good wishes on the birth of our daughter Charanjeet Kaur. I have really enjoyed the last 4 days bonding with her and getting to know her. She sleeps quite a bit but the past few nights has been up in the night wanting to nurse so we (Arjan and Me) haven’t gotten too much sleep. At least I am not working so can take naps during the day. It is so cool when she is awake and just looking around with this deep gaze (like in the picture). She glances around as if she is seeing angels or something all around the place. Occationally she looks directly at me or Arjan and we connect. I’m a happy papa…what can I say :) Here is a bit of meaning behind the name Charanjet Kaur (or at least how I interpret it).

I’m sure that many of you will be there watching with me as she grows up, as some of you have seen Narayan grow and change in the past few years.

Charanjeet Kaur, the Princess/Lioness of God who gains victory over all obstacles in serving at the Lotus feet of God, who brings many others to serve at God’s Lotus Feet, and who walks with grace and power throughout her life.

Charan means: the Lotus feet of God. Jeet means: Victory, the power to overcome any obstacle. Kaur means: the Princess/Lioness of God who walks with grace and power throughout her life. Every woman has the potential to attain a great state of grace and power and every woman should be encouraged to manifest that potential.

19 Responses to “Our Daughter’s Name – Charanjeet Kaur”

1. Puja says:

beautiful name for a beautiful little girl !!!

2. mandeep singh says:

thats such a chardi kala name, i can feel her living up to right now so soon out of the womb and into this world shes is gods victory.

beautiful name, my fiance’s name is charanpreet… gurus charanna the vich. waheguru, chardi kala

3. Dsdhillon says:

She is very charming n beauty full baby charanjeet Kaur mean is “wins” of happy
    waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

4. Gurkirpal says:

Gurmustuk

i have seen that arjan had homebirth….
    how just wondering did you consult a doctor about her vaccines and any other check ups…

she has beautiful name….

5. Gurkirpal, widwives are very qualified about all kinds of stuff related to birthing and babies. Unless there is some type of complication or risk factor we don’t generally need to consult a doctor. Relating to Vaccines, our family prefers to not get them for a variety of reasons.

6. beautiful name for a beautiful new soul that’s been born into your home. may the True Guru bless your family and may Charanjeet Kaur bring years of joy and bliss into your humble home. welcome to the Khalsa family, Charanjeet Kaur (CK for short)!

7. waheguru says:

Gurumustuk Singh, I was also interested in the homebirth, is there less pain if the labour occurs in a pool/tub of warm water? It may be useful to know. I know some Sikh women don’t even want to take pain killers during labour because they feel it is unnatural, so it’d be good to know what other natural ways there are to fight the pain

Also, the name seems to suit your little baby. She looks awesome, like a real warrior khalsa

8. SatSundri Kaur says:

Welcome Charanjeet Kaur ji and congratulations Mataji & Papaji, brothers & sisters, aunties & uncles, grandparents & sangat! Lakh lakh vadaee hovai! Very beautiful. Take care, enjoy, and see you soon. Hugs and love…Wahe Guru…

9. D Singh says:

Congratulations. She is beautiful. We have a five month old who had trouble sleeping. It helped when I started playing a Waheguru Simran CD in the room at a very low volume that is just audible.
    Enjoy the angel……

10. Bhai GMS jee

HOw about when the kids go to school. I ve heard that by laws, the school need to be update on the childs immunological records? I guess in NM there might be a different law as all the states have different state regulations.

11. Well, Arjan said that having the water birth eased the pain quite a bit. Her labor was quite fast too. Your body relaxes more in the water and it takes some of the weight off your body. Nothing beats having a baby in the confort and privacy of your home. Some people think it is not safe, when it can actually be more safe than a hospital in many cases.

These days many people just go to the hospital and right away the doctors give them all kinds of drugs for the pain. It is quite common for woman to have a baby and not feel their whole lower part of their body. They have to rely on computer monitors to tell them when they are having contractions and to push. I think a lot of the mainstream hospitals have gotten so far off track and it is more of a “procedure” rather than bringing a baby onto this earth in the most relaxing environment. Many doctors don’t want the woman to scream or make noise because it “disturbs” people. So they give an Epidural (which is a needle into the spinal column which knumbs the lower part of the body so they don’t feel pain). In the name of “progress” I think many of the doctors and hospitals have lost touch with the sensitivty of the body and nature.

Anways, it is best to educate yourself about all the options and don’t get bullied or scared into doing things that you don’t want to do.

Sarvjeet, regarding immunizations and schools, in NM and I’m sure other places we fill out a special form which declares that we are not doing the immunizations for religious reasons (something like that) and when the child goes to the school we submit this form to them for the record. That’s it. It’s not a big deal. While I think many immunizations are great there are some which are un-neccesary and pose more of a risk to a childs health then the benefits. Again, do your research and make a decision for yourself. There is no “Right” way…so you have to just do what you feel is right.

12. Manminder Pabla says:

“Charanjeet” is very common Punjabi Name in Punjab. You should also gave her a nick name “CHARNO”. Its Short and Sweet!

13. Simran says:

GurumustuK Ji
    which of the immunizations are unnecessary and pose more risk than benefits?

14. rajwant singh kalsi says:

Gurumustuk singh ji,
    Just my curiosity to know how you reached to the alphabet ” chacha ” to name the baby Charanjeet Kaur?
    Further, I do admit that most of the babies are born with every thing they need to grow into healthy adults, but it is never too early to start preventive health care practices to ensure baby Charanjeet kaur´s long term health and well-being.
    An important test of detecting disorders of metabolism is a must be. Generally it is known as heel blood test of the new born. Other very imporant immunization is against Polio after sixty days of birth.
    Treat this as a sincer suggestion.
    Gur Fateh.

15. Bhajee kaur is NOT Princess. Kaur = Prince. Kaur is Raj kumar which is prince. a Prince is considered one who protects defends and provides for family where as a princess is one who is helpless. Guroo sahib wanted to use this illustration that even his Singhneea where lionesses who would protect and provide like Mai Bhag Kaur Jee.

16. vicky says:

Awww cute.. Congrats to both gurmustak and arjan :) may waheguru ji brings more khusheeyaan in your family.

17. Charanjit Kaur says:

Gurumastak Singh Ji,

Congrads to you and your family on the arrival of such a beautiful baby girl. My name is also Charanjit Kaur and I like your interpretation. I have been going through many changes in my life lately and have been searching for that little sliver if inspiration to help me regain my inner strength. After reading your comments about my name I feel as though I have been reminded of the strength I always knew I had. Thank you for helping me get back on track.

18. moorakh says:

Beautiful name. It reminds us of Ustaad Charanjeet Singh Ji (Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji Gatka Akhara – Mehta, Toronto, Surrey). He was a blessing to the sangat wherever he went. He left this world at a young physical age and truly won a place in the lotus feet of the Guru through his Gursikh lifestyle. May your daughter Charanjeet Kaur grow up to be a spiritually enlightened Khalsa warrior :)

19. She is beautiful! We are so happy for you and your family. Nihal and Charanjeet are only three months apart. Looking forward to seeing you at Solstice next year. All love and prayers to you and your family.