Quote of the Day – Keep Up!

A friend sent me this quote and I felt it had a lot of meaning for me in my journey working with SikhNet.com and just being a Sikh and trying to share with others.

"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone can destroy overnight; build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, there may be jealousy; be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; give the world the best you’ve got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." – Mother Theresa

10 Responses to “Quote of the Day – Keep Up!”

1. Bikramjit Singh says:

Veer, Thanks for sharing with us.

2. aksandhu says:

It nearly put a tear in my eye
    Thanks 4 sharing!

3. This is so true coming from an angle who just kept giving to the world her whole life. She said it right that there will be people who will be selfish, self centred, be your enemy, cheats, destructive, jealous, thankless and much more than that, but that should not detour one from the real purpose of coming into human life. For few such people one should not close oneself out from the rest of the world. I am a Sikh, but I like one teaching that I once read when i was in school in India that comes from Bhagvat Gita that says that “Karam Keeye Jaa, Phaal kee Eechaa Mat Kaar”, meaning that you keep doing your Good deeds, and never expect anything in return. It is between you, your Good deeds and the God, and never between you and them (people)…. WaheGuru…

4. “Changeaayian Bure-aayian … Vachay Dharam Hadoor .. Karmi aapo apni .. ke nere .. ke door”

Dhan Guru Nanak ..

5. Jasdeep Kaur says:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa – Waheguru ji ki fateh

EXACTLY….. “You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.”

For me this quote symbolises how there will always be maya to get in your way of reaching waheguru ji – as long as YOU know your heart is pure – and the very essence of this is that God lives within all of us, and this in return is the beauty of a Gursikh… taken amrit or not… its all about your relationship with God.

Stay chardikala even more so when the world gets you down.

6. manvir k. c. says:

that is beautiful :')
    it's so touching :)

7. Astha says:

ITS REALLY HEART TOUCHING……………
    it shows us d path of success n let us move ahead n do our best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Neha says:

Wow! This is Simply WOW!~

9. G Kaur says:

Truly inspirational and powerful words! I was actually wondering why people behave as they do (i.e. slandering others, being hateful and jealous of others, being egotistical) and I didnt know how to respond to them. Should I too be as arrogant? Should I also make snide remarks about other's life? Having read Mother Theresa's words I realise that no matter what other people say or do, I need to be as humble and loving as I have always been..because YES it IS between me and God, and not them! Simply wonderful!!