Sikh Youth Fellowship Camp “Stomp”

It’s friday…time for a break eh? STOMP is a show that has been touring all over the place and is a unique combination of percussion, movement and visual comedy. The below video is some Sikh youth’s version of the “Stomp” show using kitchen objects to make a cool rhythm and drum sounds with various objects. Here is their video summary:

“This is a video on a demonstration of “Stomp” by Jagmohan Singh and gang. This demo was shown at the fellowship camp 2006 in Malaysia. The Fellowship Camp was formed in 1991 to foster friendship and unity amongst Sikh Youths. The camp emphasize on both religious and non – religious activities of common interest, in which everyone can participate. They include social gathering, sewa, personal development talks, Gurmat talks and outdoor activities.” – www.sikhyouths.org

7 Responses to “Sikh Youth Fellowship Camp “Stomp””

That is absolutely awesome, very talented!

2. Jagdeep says:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Thanks for posting this video on your blog, Gurumustuk. I hope you don’t mind me if I add some details about the fellowship camp held in Malaysia.

I know after this our youths here in Malaysia, especially those in the video will be Looking forward to meeting you up in Kuala Lumpur end of this month.

amazing !!!!

4. kiran says:

very skillful!!! they so gotta come to London and play.

lots of pyar

Kiran

ps its 6* in London this afternoon and windy. Quite cold today…xx

East Or West Sikhs Are The Best!!!!!!!

6. Kiren says:

hey guys.. that was really entertaining!!

it’s good to see some visual of you guys since i’m far away!!

just a thought if you wanted to take it further….you could include other cultural things to give it a more punjabi touch.. like the chakla veylnaa, pestle and mortar.. i’m sure they’re lots more..

keep entertaining us :)

kiren

7. I write for free as a hobby for the Sikh Times. My most recent article can be seen at http://drsavi.blogspot.com. While I was researching for the most recent article : ‘Why do Sikhs celebrate Holla Moholla ?’ I came accross the the video site mentioned at this most recent posting. I was so impressed with this video that I ended the article as follows…

‘Interestingly, whilst researching I came across an excellent new online video, called Sikh on The Street: please visit:

I was deeply moved by this video (also downloadable), it showed us that there is still much to do to communicate the wonders of Sikhism, who we are and what we believe in – Interfaith communication is essential to help avoid ignorance and disrespect from each other.

The Sikhs contribution to world history is amazing. The sacrifices for freedom should always be remembered in our hearts.’
    —————-
    Well done to the production team.
    As the video implies at the end, this is just the start – we all have a great opportunity to improve our communication with an aim to get a greater understanding and respect for each other.