Another Super Nihang Turban

Sharanjit Singh from Prince Rupert, BC, Canada just sent SikhNet this picture that he took in Anandpur Sahib of a Nihang Singh with a really tall turban.

The turban that Major Singh tied was really wide…and this one is so tall! You have to to wonder how long and how many people it took to tie these turbans. I don’t think it is possible to do this by yourself.

12 Responses to “Another Super Nihang Turban”

1. I know, I noticed the same thing!

I was going to add it to RateMyTurban.com but we are in the process of moving the website to a new server. When it is back up I will add it.

This is great. Notice the neat layers that are clearly visible. I would send this to rate my turban.

4. xSHANTIx says:

this is totally unrelated comment…..but anyway…im really glad i checked out ur blog today Gurumustuk, i do everyday anyway, but today i think i needed the refreshment of it……just looking back at sum of ur pics it kinda rekindled my flame for sikhi if you like, ive been having many doubts recently, but, the pictures on your blog can only but inspire, even if they are of 4foot tall turbans, i cud prolly live inside of there! anyway, keep on bloggin! (u shud get a hoodie that says that :p) Shanti (carmen kaur)

Shanti,
    we miss you, please come back to your blog.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I love these tall turbans. I wish I knew how to tie one too.

A lot of young Sikhs get into doubts and it is very common. It is not good to keep the doubts. There are a lot of misunderstandings going on. If anyone has a misundertanding, brother/sister can contact me at [email protected]

I will try my best to remove the doubt.
    – Gurmat Gian Missionary

7. xSHANTIx says:

anon i kinda turned sum of the blog info into a site..i found it easier to update that way and jus stick to facts rather than ranting on about my life…. the link is http://www.carmenkaur.co.uk u can still keep in touch with me via there, theres a guestbook for u to comment x

To the author of:

'i dont see the point of wearing a massive turban…it dont make u a better Sikh or Khalsa does it'

Nihang Singh's during war were known for there large turbans. Also during battle the bigger the turban the better. Provides protection for the head. Nihang Singh's are Guru Gobind Singh Ji's 'Ladali Fauj'. I'm not sure about the correct word for Ladali in english but those who know punjabi must know what I'm on about.

well not like the Sikh people are in a war in going in to battele right now are they?? So again….whats the pooint having a massive turban? It dont make u a better Sikh or Khalsa does it?

10. Angat Kalsi says:

Hi guys.. just wondering..our gurus told us to COVER our heads..but whats the point of having a “heavy duty” paag?? i wear a paag myself..(the kenyan style) ;) loll.. which are probably the smallest known turbans today. thanks

11. Mr.Singh says:

to the people asking “what’s the point of a large turban?”, what’s it to you? if someone wants a big or small turban that’s their own business…  sod off already and leave the Singh to his own stylee…

12. bhagat singh davtaal says:

dear sikh it not good to keep douth on nihang way of tieing big turban as it was guruji hukam and even 2day it is hukam as khalsa is jug jug atal fauj so respect them as it is presence of desmashpitaji in front of us.