Gobinday, Mukhanday…….

Tonight I would like to share a beautiful recording from Gurdwara a few days back of a group of the Sikh youth chanting the mantra "Gobinday, Mukhanday, Udharay, Aparay, Hariung, Kariung, Nirnamay, Akamay." The chanting was lead by Hari Bhajan kaur (Guitar) along with, Hari Rai Kaur, Hari Simran Kaur, Hari Kaur (Harp), Guru Nam Singh and Guru Darbar Singh (Tabla). It is so inspiring when other Sikh youth get together and sing from the heart. When someone does this I think it really penetrates the Sangat and everyone feels inspired.

This audio track is about 14 minutes long and is a great meditation. Some of you may have tried the other meditations that I have posted in the past. If not…or if so…. give this one a try.

The audio track changes and progresses all the way through it, building energy. I love the chorus sounding voices of all of them singing together. Then the Intertwining of voices together singing different parts.

This mantra is from Jaap Sahib (pauri 94-95) by Guru Gobind Singh. It contains the eight facets of God that we all have to deal with. Gobinday, one who sustains us, Mukhunday, one who liberates us, Udharay, one who uplifts us, Aparay, who is infinite, Hariung, who does everything, Kariung, for which grace everything is done, Nirnaamay, nameless, desireless, Akaame, is by itself.

Har is the creative energy of God. The four repetitions of Har give power to all aspects and provide the power to break down barriers of the past.

To Meditate to the Mantra…
Sit in Easy Pose with a straight spine, or in a chair with your feet flat on the floor. With the eyes closed chant the mantra with the tip of the tongue hitting the ridge of the palate. The tongue must be stiff. Pull in the navel slightly with each "Har". The closed eyes must be fixed on the tip of the nose to maintain concentration. The closed eyes, fixed on the tip of the nose, focuses our attention, centers us and stimulates the pituitary gland. Chant 11-15 minutes when you wake up and 11-15 minutes when you go to bed. You can also listen to the mantra on auto reverse when you sleep.

Gobinday Mukhanday Meditation

Download Audio MP3
(Size: 19.6MB / Length: 15 Minutes)

19 Responses to “Gobinday, Mukhanday…….”

1. Nice. It is a whole hearted try to make a genuine audio by the crew. Good work. I could feel the 70s gituar.

When each of the following word is translated into common mans punjabi, you can wite a whole paragraph describing each word. But here is the closest one line meaning I could find translated in English.

Gubinde – O the Preserver Lord!
    Mukande
    – O Salvation-Giver Lord!
    Udaare – O Most Genereous Lord!
    Apaare – O Boundless Lord!

Hariang – O Destroyer Lord!
    Kariang – O the Creator Lord!
    Nrinaame – O the Nameless Lord!
    Akaame – O the Desireless Lord!

2. xSHANTIx says:

beautiful recording!

3. SikhsRus says:

Gurumustuk Ji,

great post! I have question suggestion on Siknet news! Is there a way you can allow readers to post their views and comment on the news stories. This would be a good way to learn Sikh view on issues affecting the community. For example in your today’s news story “Fear and Loathing in Sikh country USA” , I feel it is little bit sensationalizing the issue, and wanted to know other people’s views, but felt there was no place to post views or comments on these stories. Sorry, did not want to take away from your blog post!

Sikhrus,
    This is a good idea. BBC news website does allow online news readers to post commments on the news stories. It is better alternative than posting comments on blog.

Anoop

5. Anoop jee

Blogging and news reporting are two different activities. Comments on blogs are given on personal posts that the blogger may post on his/her blog.

Sarvjeet Singh “Sifar’ Jee
    You are right!

7. gurusharan says:

HariBhajan Kaur has a beautiful voice. From everything I have read and seen on your blog, she seems like a very graceful and lovely lady. Thank you for this meditation.

Gurumustuk Ji,

Gurumustuk Ji,

pls… reply

11. Anoymous: Yes…this is a good idea and in the future we will look to do this.

Next time I suggest that you actually send us an email…rather than posting your message numerous time on the blog.

12. Sukha Singh (UK) says:

this beautiful kirtan inspired me to write down what i felt as I listened to this kirtan – and here it is to be shared with the sangat…

Gobind Mukande Udare Apare…

GOBINDE – O the Preserver Lord!
    MUKANDE – O Salvation-Giver Lord!
    UDAARE – O Most Genereous Lord!
    APAARE – O Boundless Lord!

HARIANG – O Destroyer Lord!
    KARIANG – O the Creator Lord!
    NIRNAAME – O the Nameless Lord!
    AKAAME – O the Desireless Lord!

The tears roll down my cheeks, as I call out for the Beloved Master of my soul, Guru Gobind Singh. Maharaj, I cry out for you in joyous ecstasy, in rapturous cries of longing. Maharaj my eyes are blinded with tears of your loves, my ears ring with the current of your eternal shabad.

Please Maharaj I beg you, I cry out for your mercy, please bless this worthless sinner with just one glimpse of your beauteous form. Maharaj the arrows of your bairaag pierce through my soul, as I soar higher and higher on the wings of you peace giving shabad. My Master bless me that I may never wander from your lotus charan. Maharaj bless me with your seva till the day I breathe my last. Your seva keeps me alive, without your naam I cannot live. Without your beloved darshan I am no more.

You gave everything up for true love, my Beloved Master, everything. There is nothing I can offer before you apart from undying love. My body burns with longing for your beloved darshan, my soul cries out for one glance from your beloved eyes.

Without you, my perfect Guru, there is nothing, nothing exists without my beloved. He is my all…

Yours for eternity

Sukha Singh

• guptfauja says:

our beloved pita ji will listen to your pyarful cry ji, daas didnt know what to say but daas knows how you feel ji. maharaaj nu sabh pata ji, thers not even any point in telling you such things ji as you already know but fer vee maharaaj kirpa karan ge ji.

Can you please post the specific ‘benefits’ of this medititation, Thank you Ji

14. SANDEEP SINGH says:

I am so impressed by the way this has been sung by this group that words are not sufficient to say what i want to say.

May Waheguru give us all strength to embibe each word of the GREAT GURU in our heart and our souls.

WAHEGURU JI KA KALSA , WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

15. Metta Crawler says:

“You can also listen to the mantra on auto reverse when you sleep.”

I actually had to look up “auto reverse”. :)

I was wondering if it involved playing the chant backwards. :D

I’m finding technology to be such a generational thing.

16. Michael says:

I am not a Sikh but I am in LOVE WITH NAAM!

AND THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL NAAM!!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!!

LOVE AND LIGHT,

MICHAEL

17. Lou says:

I have been doing this meditation for over a week now for 31 minutes,is it possible to switch to 11 or should i carry on with 31 till i finish?Thank you