Guru Raj Kaur & Bhai Kalyan Singh

Here is a shabad played by my auntie Guru Raj Kaur (a long time friend of my mother) and Bhai Kalyan Singh. She lives in Vancouver, BC (Canada) and is very active in the community. This is one of her classic Shabads and is really nice.

The picture to the right is Hari Singh (her husband) and Guru Raj Kaur. Her daughter Nirinjan Kaur is finishing school at Miri Piri Academy and also has a beautiful voice. She recently made a Gurbani CD which I will feature sometime in the future.

Download MP3 (10 MB)
View The “Narayan” Shabad and translation

It was funny; Just after Narayan Singh was born in 2001 we got gifts from various friends of ours who were musicians. Three of the gifts were Gurbani CD’s which were either had the “Narayan” shabad on it or were shabads of Guru Arjan Dev ji. So…as Narayan was a baby…we played the Narayan Shabad a lot.

9 Responses to “Guru Raj Kaur & Bhai Kalyan Singh”

What a beautiful Shabad. It is sung so beautifully

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Guru Rakha

2. gurusharan says:

I can’t believe it, you finally featured Guru Raj Kaur, I have been hooked on her keertan since I heard it on the Sikhnet Randomizer some months ago. She is fabulous. I have been meaning to email you and ask where to get her CDs, who she is, where she lives, etc. Thanks for reading my mind. I was feeling that only I knew about this treasure.

3. kiran says:

This post has been removed by the author.

4. kiran says:

Wow!!! her voice is fantastic…both the voices just compliment each other…it make su wanna listen to kirten even more!!!

kiran

ps… it was well cold and grey in london today but im still shining…:)

5. Prabhu Singh says:

A couple weeks ago I was just walking on the streets of Amritsar and then all of a sudden there was Guru Raj Kaur and Hari Singh. I met Hari Singh last summer doing ishnaan seva at the Española Gurdwara. I remembered his name since it is the same as my brother’s name. Although I’ve heard Guru Raj Kaur’s recordings since I was a kid I had not properly met her yet. It was nice to see them and others that I randomly met up with in Amritsar. Everybody is going there these days :-)

6. rajwant Singh Kalsi says:

Very nicely sung. Wahegur bless them happiness and peace so that they may continue devoting their time for religious purposes.

7. SikhsRus says:

Nice picture of Guru Raj Kaur and Kalyan Singh Ji! I just love pictures of Sikh couples and families!

8. Actually the picture is not of Kalyan Singh…it is of Guru Raj Kaur and her husband Hari Singh.

9. pankaj says: