Karma and Dharma in your Life

In this video Guruka Singh gives an explantion of Karma and Dharma and why you should get up early in the morning to meditate.

Download: Video / Audio Only

9 Responses to “Karma and Dharma in your Life”

1. Alan - Melbourne Australia says:

Guruka Ji
    Many thanks for the video on getting up early. Now that clears up the morning meditation. Was wondering about the afternoon or evening meditation. Is there a particular time….should it really be sunset or around there? What do you guys do? I think you already told me about this one by the way, but would be good to hear again and maybe for the other readers too.
    all the best
    Alan

2. Gurdeep Kaur says:

Whaeguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fathe.

Gurka Singh ji. I just finihed my nitnem. and beofre doing nitnem doing I practice the long Ek ong kar. And i want to shre by experience doing niteman after meditating. Usually every morning I was cold, yawning even after cold baths. but sitting and meditating for 7 mins I felt heat in body and i was warm there were few yawns compare to what i used to have. I was more alert and when reading nitnem i was understading it at the same time. I didn’t even know when I was doing nitnem.I enjoyed doing bani today. The feelings are soothing and mind was some what focused (it was wondering still…but not as much)…Guruka ji..your videos are healping mt lot and I am sure they are making a huge impact on all the others who are trying to do nitnem. I wanted to ask you When doing meditation 9Long Ek Ong Kar) what should be the hands position (Should I put them together, or let cross them , is there any mudra?). Thanks you so much and
    Appriciate your help truly.
    Satnam
    Gurdeep Kaur, Toronto

Wot is guruka singh jee going to be talking about his next topic,
    i woud just like guruka singh has helped me out alot thank you for showing these videos

WOW !!! I never realized that
    “Karmi ava Kapra” I never tend to look in to meaning. Truly AMAZING
    Many thanks

If you do get a chance to talk to Gurukha Singh again could you please ask him about controlling desires (kaam, kraoddh..lob…etc )

5. Guruka Singh says:

Gurdeep Kaur Ji – Thank you for asking about hand position during the long Ek Ong Kaar meditation. The hands should be in Gyan mudra (Thumb and first finger tips together) with the arms straight and resting on the knees.

…..G

6. Wahe Guru ji ka Khalsa ||
    Wahe Guru ji ki Fateh ||

There is nothing in In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and By the karma of past actions, the robe of this physical body is obtained. By His Grace, the Gate of Liberation is found. that says that if you do this your Karma is “covered.” There are no auspicious times, acts or rituals that would “cover” or erase Karma. It is only though the Guru’s Grace that Karma is erased.

Guru Amar Das wrote: Those who engage in devotion do not wait to enquire when the hour will be auspicious; what kind of devotion is it which puts the beloved out of mind even for an instant?

The truth is that very few of us will be liberated in this life time. There are no shortcuts as Yogi Bhajan taught. “Fake it, you’ll make it.” should read ‘Emulate it and a few of you will make it.”

The Western Mind wants instant liberation and isn’t interested in hearing that it doesn’t exist. This reminds me of a story of a Sadhu that sat beneath a tree, meditating. One day God appeared to him and said he would answer one question from the Sadhu. The Sadhu asked: “How many more life times must I live before I am Liberated?” God answered: “As many leaves that are on this tree.” The Sadhu looked up the tree which was fully filled with leaves and said to God: “Only that few.”

Chardi Kalaa

Amar Prakash Singh

7. Bhupinder Singh says:

I hate to pull legs but logic of Amar Prakash’s story is bit distorted. If that sadhu saw God appearing that means he’s liberated. What is all this dialogue going on after sounds man-made story. Sounds good but far from “sat”

8. Wahe Guru ji ka Khalsa ||
    Wahe Guru ji ki Fateh ||

Bhai Bhupinder Singh

It was just a simple anecdote, ji. You didn’t have to take it so literally.

Chardi Kalaa

Amar Prakash Singh

9. Sifar says:

Bhai Gurka Sing jee, “karamee aavai kaparraa”, here Guru is saying that with the good Karmas of past, the soul have been blessed with this (kaparraa) human body so that (nadharee mokh dhuaar) by the grace of the supreme it can liberate itself from the cycle of births & deaths. Like we change clothes, the soul changes bodies… so for the soul, different bodies are different “Kaparraa”. And to be liberated, it is important to (anmrith vaelaa sach naao vaddiaaee veechaar) do simran in ambrosial hours before dawn and contemplate His Greatness as in those hours one is mostly free from stress and is not preoccupied with other thoughts… anyone want to add more to it, please, I’ll appreciate that….