Stories of Guru Nanak – Part 2

Tonight I am posting the next video of stories about Guru Nanak, told by Guru Meher Kaur to the children. When I was little….I used to fall asleep to the stories told by Guruliv Singh. You can hear them in the Gurbani Archive listed under his name. These are some stories made way back in the late 1970′s. Narayan Singh now has the same routine of listening to the stories at bedtime. He always says after getting ready for bed, "I want to hear the Guru Stories!". Some of the stories are: Story Of Babaa Deep Singh, The Guru And The Pandit, Makkan Shah And Guru Teg Bahaadar Sahib. There are about 11 stories that he must have heard hundreds of times now…and even copies some of the lines. It made me think that it would be great to create some more stories for children. It is a great way to teach the kids about our history. I’m surprised that no one else has done this (at least that I know of). Audio stories would be much easier to make too than a cartoon. There really are not many educational materials for kids other than a few books. So…this is the reason why I pulled out these Guru Nanak stories to share with other kids and for Narayan to enjoy too. Maybe one of these days I can work on a story telling project with some others who are interested. We’ll see how it goes. All these late nights working on this stuff takes a toll after a while. Time for some rest this weekend (this is sounding familiar). Hope you enjoy the stories! If you have kids…download it to your computer and watch it with them :) Download the video(Right click on above link and select "save target as")

10 Responses to “Stories of Guru Nanak – Part 2”

1. Gurinder says:

I really loved it! again, even I know I have heard it million times but still everytime hear these Sakhi(true story) brings peace to mind.

2. Gurinder says:

This post has been removed by the author.

3. its really nice to see such an animated story teller, its great for the kids.

As you are probably aware there isnt much for the youth to learn about sikhism, and this is like a breath of fresh air.

More, More, MORE!

vaheguru

vaheguru ji.. that is truly heartwarming. as a punjabi it is nice to see non-punjabis who have been touched by the guru not simply because they were born into a sikh family. It is wonderful to see the legacy laid down by our guru sahibs being carried on.

5. Gurinder says:

Gurumustuk singh

I like you new web page it really soft in colors, But its hard to read the material. Maybe the font color is too faint or too small.

yes, I have 20/20 vision!

6. Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh.
    i love this video and love the way to tell the True Story of Guru Nanak Dev ji to kids i hope this will really helpful for them, they will become very intrested in Sakhis. Keep it up guys. Waheguru Bless u all.

very nice website the tranquility impresses me i like to no about guru nanak

i smell like a rabbit as a matte rof fact i eat rabbit

9. Kuldip Singh Attalia says:

I am seeking a complete Janam Sakhi of My Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Roman English.
    I hold a voluntary Calls with Kids, and Often love to narate a Sakhi to the Kids.
    What I dont do.. and hate, when others tell Stoeis, which have no base or Facts about it.
    I have witnessed kids ask cetain questions, and the answers are brushed by.
    That is definately not the way forward.

I have a good knowledge, but have a vast Grey area, that I would like to study for myself first.

I remember soem sakhi’s when i was a kid, but have not been to follow up on it. No read up.. no leads.

It was My Guru Nanak Dev Ji was with Mardana, and they encountered Kalyug, (The Devil) who offered and Enticed Guru Ji, many Goodies & Powers, despite the Fact, he refused them all, and Kalyug, Repented and ….. Em.. mmm

Secound: Guru Ji and Mardana were in Bangladesh, When Mardana insisted that he was very hungry, and despite good advice ventured on his own to find some food, when he stumbles on a House, with a Crafty Witch, who lured Mardana and tied him up in a spell, and Mmmm mmmm Guru Ji came to rescue.
    These are the missing bits…

Please Help.

Regards,

Kuldip Singh

10. Kuldip says:

I am seeking a complete Janam Sakhi of My Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Roman English.
    I hold a voluntary Class with Kids, and Often love to narate a Sakhi to the Kids.
    What I dont want to do.. and hate, when others tell Stories, which have no base or Facts about it.
    I have witnessed kids ask cetain questions, and the answers are brushed by.
    That is definately not the way forward.
    I remember some sakhi’s when i was a kid, but have not been to follow up on it. No read up.. no leads.
    These are the missing bits…
    Please Help.