Walk and Skype at the Same Time

Ok…for all you Skype users I just got word of this cool new phone device by Linksys which enables you to use skype like a regular phone. You don’t have to sit in front of your computer.

I use Skype (and the SkypeOut feature) for most of my long distance calls from home and also for chatting with friends and business associates (international). If you use skype a lot this might be a useful thing to buy.

Do You Skype? Curious to know how many of you do…

9 Responses to “Walk and Skype at the Same Time”

1. RS says:

Gurumustuk –

This is the first time I heard about this. I call India everyday. This could definetely be money save for many.

I am curious as to the voice quality? Can you please let me know your experience using skype.

thanks,

RS

2. Rates to India using the Skype Out (to call a telephone) are about 15-17 cents per minute ( http://www.skype.com/products/skypeout/rates/all_rates.html )

If the people you call have an internet connection and computer and skype installed…you could talk for free.

Every week I have meetings with people in India using Skype to Skype (computer to computer) discussions. You can even do conference calls.

Quality will vary. This depends a lot on your internet connection. If you have a good connection then things should be good.

When I use the SkypeOut (Computer to Phone) service calling phones in the US seem like next door. Can’t tell the difference.

International calls are so-so. It varies depending on where I call. A little bit of a lag sometimes.

I like that the skypeout minutes don’t expire and there is no monthly fee. So I can add $10…and use for ages. Other IPphone services like Vonage charge flat monthly fees whether you use your minutes or not.

3. Rs…one more thing..you could borrow someone’s computer headset and try skype out. Then it if works out you could get the actual phone device.

4. Gurinder says:

I found this piece of information full of inspiration, and now days we do not have to make such sacrifices to maintain our sikhi, but sikhs have paid very high price!

BANDA SINGH BAHUDAR,

HE WAS A EXTREMELY BRAVE SIKH LEADER. WHEN HE WAS CAUGHT WITH HIS ARMY 100 SIKHS WERE BEHEADED A DAY. AND WHEN HE WAS ASKED TO EITHER CONVERT TO ISLAM OR OBTAIN DEATH, HE SAID DEATH. THE MUSLIMS TOOK HIS 6 YEAR OLD CHILD AND KILLED HIM INFRONT OF HIM BY TAKING HIS HEART OUT AND PUTTING IT IN HIS MOUTH, THEN THEY CUT HIS SON’S BODY UP AND TOOK HIS ORGANS OUT AND MADE A NECKLACE AND OUT IT AROUND HIS NECK. THEN THEY TORTURED HIM, THEY TOOK OUT HIS EYES, CUT HIS HANDS, AND FEET, PEELED OFF HIS SKIN WITH PINCERS, AND FINALLY BEHEADED HIM, ALL THIS JUST FOR BEING A SIKH.

5. Angad Singh says:

This post has been removed by the author.

6. Angad Singh says:

Yes gms I do use skype but not too often cause MSN seems to be the thing most people use..

guru ang sang

7. gurinder, i sometimes wonder how many times a story like that one is told in our community, especially now in india compared to the one of Muslims of Malair Kotla giving shelter and protecting Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji from the Mughals and of a Hindu Brahmin who betrayed and sold Mata Gujri and the younger Sehabjadais to the Mughals…

this may also come as a shock to many of you that muslims and sikhs have lived peacefully in the Kashmir region for 100’s of years…and all of a sudden the “muslims” are bombing the sikh gurdwaras and killing their sikh neighbors. and a country with a million soldiers…only sends the sikhs to kashmir. you can hate ’em but boy are they teaching this world a lesson on how to bury a sepratist movement.

ਸਤਨਾਮ

8. Tarun Singh says:

You can use your home phone to call india for about 13 cents a minute by using http://www.relianceindiacall.com, Google talk also offers phone calls to people on your buddy list and the voice is crystal clear

9. Narinder Singh says:

Dear Gurmustak: My son is usung this phone for quite sometime to talk to us in India. Our PC is on from early morning to late evening and he talks on his mobile with us with his normal subscription for his gsm whenever he finds time during his normal duy hours as well as when he is travelling in a local bus. We also put thru call to his skype-enabled mobile from our PC without skype out charges