Espanola Sangat 2000 Video

I went through some of my older MiniDV tapes that have been sitting on my desk unused for years. There is some cool footage from some of them, so I put together a little video from a couple of the tapes. All the events are from June of 2000 in Espanola, New Mexico. Every year at the Summer Solstice camp the Miri Piri Academy students put on a show for everyone. It always ends with a gatka demonstration. So in the video you’ll see some of their performance….and then some footage of an evening Gurdwara in Espanola. I hope you enjoy it! I had fun putting it together. I "threw" it together quickly using Pinnacle Studio (video editing program). Any other video editor enthusiasts out there? More videos to come in the next couple of days. :) Download Video (35 MB)(Right click and select "Save Target As")

15 Responses to “Espanola Sangat 2000 Video”

1. SinghKhalsa says:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,
    Waheguru ji ki fateh.

it is simply WOW!

Thanks for sharing.

BTW where are the other videos u took this summer solstice?

2. WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Watching this video not only made my day…it made my life!

Dhan Tayree Sikhi, Dhan Tayray Gursikh!!!

3. palvin says:

wjkk wjkf..this video was just mind blowing..i thank u khalsa ji..for doing such a big sewa..n inspiring me into sikhi more!wjkk wjkf

4. Gurumustak Ji

Can you tell some of the names of the GurSikhs in the video.

i.e. 2 Minutes in to the video who are the two GurSikhs that are sparing. One looks like Prabhu Singh, and the other seems undeniably like a Ustaad, Gurdev or a Master from the way he moves, his footwork, demostrated especially when he demonstrates the use of 2 Swords

Also who is the other very gifted GurSikh, in white turban and clothes who also performs superbly with 2 swords after the Ustaad Ji.

5. [JiT] says:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
    Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dear Bhai Sahib Ji
    Do you mind telling me the music i can hear in the background? I really liked it, im thinking maybe tj rehmi as in the turban tying video?

6. Harpreet Singh:

Most of the people in the video are people who went to Miri Piri Academy.

The two Sikhs you are referring to who were sparring is Guru Dham Singh and Sada Sat Simran Singh of ChardiKala Jatha. I think they were in the senior class that year at MPA. Guru Dham Singh lives here in Espanola and Sadasat Simran lives mostly in Amritsar.

It was also Guru Dham Singh who was doing the freestyle with the two swords (1st time). Second time was Guru Fateh Singh (class mate of mine).

We all grew up doing lots of Gatka in India. The kids who went to Miri Piri Academy in Amritsar got a lot of it too…since they were in Amritsar.

The music in the background is by “Prem Joshua”.

7. Just wondering…who taught you guys Gatka? Is it a Nihang Singh style of Gatka? Its looks really good.

8. Hari Singh says:

Gurumustuk Singh Ji, WKWF all the way from sunny UK

While you are looking at past videos, I wonder if you can find any more videos/mp3 recordings of kirtan by Dalip Kaur, Sada Sat Simran Singh & Others, which you featured over a month ago. (Kirtan was from 2003 Summer Solstice)

The Shabad, “Har Har Amrit Nam Ras Har” is absolute magic and would love to listen/view more from this Jatha.

And please pass on my compliments to the Jatha – Fabulous voices, beautifully & smoothly delivered and great total commitment to the Guru!

9. Hari Singh:
    Back then I didn’t record that much. I just happened to have some footage from a few events. I will however record more in the future and show it online :)

10. Waheguru ji ka khalsa,
    Waheguru ji ki fateh.

It would b nice too hear more of chardikala jatha mp3. the kirtan is so relaxin and calming

11. Do you know which album of Prem Joshua the song is from?

12. Prem Joshua – 1999 Album “Sky Kisses Earth”. This is one of my favorite tracks.

You can get it on Amazon.com or other stores online.

The CDs are also for sale at many of the music stores in India. The Indian Label “Music Today” distributes them in India.

Dear Gurmustuk Singh Ji

are the shabads by Dalip Kaur copyrighted? I must say that I was deeply moved by the beauty in her expression of Gurbani and would like to share it on our local community radio(voluntary sewadars) with our sangat of listeners. Do you think that this may be possible for me to do so?

I look forward to hearing from you and words fail me in acknowledging the tremendous effort you have input into making Sikhnet a tremendous success.

May Waheguru in His Hukam continue with showering his Blessings creativity

14. I’m sure for non commercial purposes this would be fine.

15. bikramjit singh says:

Your Comment…Waheguru ji ka khalsa,
    Waheguru ji ki fateh , i love snatam kour khalsa , shsbad kirtan..