Mastering a Mantra

“What does it mean to master a mantra? When you have repeated it so much, so often and so well that you hear it within you, and it comes handy to you……especially at the moment of death……..you have mastered a mantra.”Yogi Bhajan

This quote reminded me of the stories that I posted last week about Bhai Fauja Singh and how he was chanting “Waheguru” till his last breath. I can imagine how much “Waheguru” was a part of his everyday life and how much he chanted it. I’m SURE he mastered the Waheguru Mantra.

I also think about a line that I used to sing a lot when I was very young: “Hummee Hum, Tumi Tum, Waheguru…. I am thine, in mine, myself, Waheguru“. We used to have a tape playing all the time with these words put to music. I used to sing it while walking home from school (KG-2nd grade). The thing that was cool was that I sang it so much that it became part of me. Whenever I was scared or just needed some support these words just popped into my mind automatically. I think that is what happens when you take Gurbani and Mantra and repeat over and over (Mindfully). It becomes a part of yourself. So…I guess when you are in need and when you die…it comes to your aid and guides you. This is the power of Gurmantra! Try it and see/experience for yourself!

9 Responses to “Mastering a Mantra”

1. xSHANTIx says:

i love this idea..i think i already commented on this b4 but when you chant waheguru so much it becomes part of ur cells..like the saying ang sang waheguru..god is in ever cell of me..its such an amazing experience and the results are very fast..i think after your heart centre is open, its easier for the mantra to become you as you are fully accepting it and end up in a blissful state of mind all the time…oh ps i love that i am thine in myself waheguru mantra its so nice =D

waheguru mantra is the supreme mantra-
    chanting any other mantra is useless and vain .
    guru nanak dev ji gave us this divine mantra ,
    for the dark age of kal jug .

3. Guruka Singh says:

Wow, Shanti…. you look beautiful in turban and chuni! What a great pic. Your power and grace really shines.

4. Mata ji SatKirin Kaur Khalsa says:

Wahe guru
    Shanti Kaur
    you are so beautifully YOU!

5. Kiran says:

Sat Shri Akaal

Dear

mata Satkiran Kaur ji,

Im not a baptised Sikh, but I do come from a Sikh back ground… so I do have some vague knowledge of the religion…in other words im still learning…that what you call a Sikh huh…:)

what I wanted to know is that if your a baptised Sikh woman, is the cutting of hair only forbidden on your head or does it apply to everywhere else on the body aswell?? such as eye brows maybe??

i would be greatful if you could enlighten me on this…

thanks very much

Kiran

kiran, if i’m not mistaken this was addressed by Gurumustak and others in “July” of this blog. just look for Arjan Kaur’s head shot(Gurumustak’s wife) with about 60 or so comments…:)

-isingh

7. Kiran says:

cheers

8. I was listen to Katha by the late Giani Thakar Singh on Jap ji sahib – from what i understood:

*Any Gursikh who recites 20-25 jap ji sahibs a day on top of regular nitnem will achieve anything that is attempted
    *That their has not been a Brahmgiani who recited less than 100 Jap ji sahibs a day on top of regular nitnems

9. xSHANTIx says:

oh i jus saw those comments about my dastaar and chunni hehe its not bad i guess im still learning to tie it better each day by Gurus kirpa :D i really like wearing it for nitnem that sometimes i even forget im wearing it….i took the pic coz i got my new chand badge and i really like it ohh anyway bed time thanks for the comments :D Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh SAT NAM