112247517816121801

This is me and Guruka Kaur in 1975
posted by Guruka Singh

10 Responses to “112247517816121801”

1. isingh says:

awe!! thank you Guruka Singh! you guys look so good then and now. what’s your secret?

btw how do you pronounce your name? the way it’s spelled Guru + Ka or is the word “Guru” abreviated in pronounciation?.

-isingh

2. Guruka Singh says:

This post has been removed by the author.

3. Guruka Singh says:

It’s pronounced “Guru Ka Singh.” What a blessing to have that name!

When I did ishnaan seva at Harimandir Sahib, I remember the sevadar asks two questions: “What is your name?” and “Who is your father?” I told him my name and he replied, “Yes of course, but what is your name?” hahahaha! It was a sweet moment.

4. Guruka Singh says:

The secret of happiness is simple:

How happy you are is inversely proportional to how much time you spend thinking about your own predicament in life!

The secret of radiance is also simple: “amrit vaylaa sach naa-o vadi-aa-ee veechaar.” Rise in the ambrosial hours, meditate, and let Guru cover everything! Wahe Guru!

Guruka Singh Ji, i can’t help but noticing that there is a dramatic change in the way we now see Dastar’s worn by these Women. Is there a reason why these Tall wearing Dastar sisters have changed to a flat one that we see today? No offence intended. I prefer the tall ones :D

NaamRattan Kaur

i guess its just fashion dont dig too much into things….those were 70s ,even in punjab turban style has also changed with time

7. isingh says:

>>”Yes of course, but what is your name?”
    :)))))))
    Thanks!
    >>”amrit vaylaa sach naa-o vadi-aa-ee veechaar.”
    Guruka Singh, what would you say to a person who says “But i’m just not a morning person…”

8. Guruka Singh says:

>> what would you say to a person who says “But i’m just not a morning person…”

isingh Ji – It’s hard to get up before the sun. I’d say “set you alarm 1/2 hour earlier for a week, and then again the following week, etc. Or, just force yourself to get up and then take a nap after your sadhana. What I do is that when I go to bed at night, I say, “Guru Ram Das Ji – I want to get up at 4:00 am tomorrow morning. Please be so kind as to wake me at that time.” It works every time!

9. isingh says:

Thank you! :)

Dear Guruka Singh Ji
    waheguru ji ka khalsa , waheguru ji ki fateh

Thanks for your write-up