Dear Yogiji

Q. How can I forgive?

A. The one power which is the greatest power in you is to forgive. Minus forgiveness, you are a two legged mammal with absolutely nothing to lean on. If you give, give forgiveness. Give with an open heart. Say, “Bless you! May God make you very strong and give you the courage to face yourself.” What can anybody do after that?

8 Responses to “Dear Yogiji”

I am into forgiveness and compassion, but can you forgive a rapist? Just a hypothetical question? Is there crimes that violate people so much that can’t be so easily forgiven? If they can be forgiven shouldn’t they at least admit to the fact that the committed the crimes and repent in front of God, and the person they inflicted the crime upon?

there is another perspective in sikhism that guru gobind singh advocated
    the person who accepts injustice is as guilty as the one who inflicts it.
    I dont know how can this philosophy reconcile with forgiveness.i guess everything is relative as EINSTEIN advocated!!

desiguy

Waheguru! Waheguru! Waheguru!

Desiguy,

you hit it right on the head, in my eyes Guru Gobind Singh wanted us to be lions and even though facing tyranny was difficult and hard, we were supposed to fight to the last breath for the truth and justice to be revealed and for those oppressed to be uplifted!!!

I love my father Guru Gobind Singh Jee!!!
    He is my true Guru!!

4. Prabhu Singh says:

This post has been removed by the author.

completely agree!

“jingoistic fools”

that is a real sikh way of putting it. why do we have to criticize people man that is not nice prab~~~~ cant we all just be nice and not throw attacks?

7. Prabhu Singh says:

Forgiveness is not the same thing as accepting injustice. Don’t you know the old adage that forgivness is divine? Guru Gobind Singh forgave the 40 liberated ones.
    Why are people talking about rape again? Why must we sound like jingoists when talking about our loyalty to the Guru? Fighting to the last breath doesn’t mean that you cannot also love until the last breath.

8. Bhupinder Singh says:

I think whatever yogi ji have said is right. A person forgives on pretext that other one feels shame or guilt. In that case even a rapist is eligible for forgiveness but that should come from the inflicted person against whom crime has been committed.

As for bad politics if the politicians really feel guilty at heart i don’t see why he/she should not be forgiven?